Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jul 6, 2017 12:35 AM

Provisioning error when trying to setup AT&T Numbersync on my LG G Pad X 8.0

I recently got an LG G Pad X 8.0 tablet from AT&T.  I have been trying to set up AT&T Numbersync on it so that I can make and receive calls on my tablet aside from regular cellphone.  I have a Moto G4 Plus cellphone (unlocked) and this is the smartphone that I want to sync calls to my LG G Pad X 8.0.

When I attempt to set up Numbersync, I go through the prompt to login to myAT&T.  

I login using my phone's wireless number and password.  

I click next after IMPORTANT INFORMATION page is displayed.

I enter my E911 Home address and click Verify Address.

I accept the pre-filled Device Name: LG G Pad X 8.0 and click Next.

It then display "Provisioning... please wait".

After awhile, it states:

Login Failure  You must have an active AT&T wireless account.  Please go to AT&T.com to activate an account.

This is puzzling because both my cellphone and my tablet are activated?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

3 years ago

You can't use numbersync with a non att smartphone. Your unlocked phone won't work with numbersync.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for replying. So it doesn't matter that the Moto G4 Plus is compatible with AT&T the and it has to be a smartphone bought specifically from AT&T? I thought as long as the phone is capable of enhanced LTE that it should work.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

3 years ago

Your phone can't get enhanced lte services. It might be compatible but att does not allow non att branded phones to use those services.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

"att does not allow non att branded phones to use those services." Such an [word filter avoidance] company.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…