The Samsung Galaxy S24
JohNerf's profile

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Saturday, May 6th, 2017 12:06 AM

Prevent App Update (More Inside)

IS there a way to stop an app (let's say for instance, Youtube) from being updated at all, as in if I go to check for updates for any app I got in the google play store, there will be updates (and of course, one for youtube), but Youtube itself will not show up on the apps to be updated, no option will show to update it, and it will stay at the version I have it at forever (or as long as it can stay)

Got this quick connect app that is now apparently Samsung Connect, and I don't have any appliance that can link with it

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Open Google Play Store, go to Settings, an set Auto-Updates to Never Auto-Update Apps.

Now be advised that if an application has a required update in order to run then turning auto-updates off will mean you might get stuck updating something over mobile data before it'll work. Anything that's connected is a good example. Facebook, YouTube, other social media, Netflix, etc. Older versions will stop working eventually.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

7 years ago

unfortunately im not talking about auto-updates; I already turned THAT off, im talking about if I have an update for an all like WWE Champions that WOULD show up on the update list in Google Play Store, that if there's a way (NO UNINSTALLING, not the solution I want) to prevent it showing on the update list at all? Here's an example

Update List

• Champions (WWE Game)
  • FF EXVIUS
  • CCleaner

Update List (no updates applied, but app is blacklisted, doesn't show on update list, signified by strike-through)

• Champions (WWE Game)
  • FF EXVIUS
  • CCleaner

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Uninstall the app

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

7 years ago

here's the thing, I ended up force stopping the app a few times, completely uninstalled any updates to it, and cleared the data of it from my phone, and then it vanished

fast forward a few weeks, and the Samsung Connect app that would be on my phone no longer shows up in my update list, so I guess I completely "uninstalled" it, in a sense; either that, or it got discontinued form the store and I would've gotten a notice if I ran the app, but never mind I guess

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.