Pre-order the new Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 7 Pro and new Google Pixel Watch - Online Now!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
Bryan19720's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Aug 9, 2018 7:22 PM

pocket dialed 911

Today while mowing my lawn, I apparently unintentionally pocket dialed 911 three times within an hour.  This also happened twice last week while mowing the lawn.  My phone is an LG V35 ThinQ.  I have NEVER had this problem with any other phone before, and this is a new phone.  I use a lock screen which requires either a PIN or fingerprint scan to unlock.  How is this happening?  How do I turn off the autodial feature?  I don't want it, and I don't like wasting 911 operator's time with such nonsense.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

4 y مضت

One of the LG V35 ThinQ's features is KnockON, which enables a double knock/tap to wake the device.  That particular feature has been known to cause "pocket dialing" on LG phones with that particular feature.  That may be what's happening with your device. 

Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

4 y مضت

Check your Security settings to make sure you haven't enabled a Smart Lock setting such as "On body detection" or "Trusted places" that might cause this sort of behavior.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y مضت

Smartlick settings are not and have never been activated

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y مضت

I disagree. What is causing pocket dialing is that you don't have a true lock screen. If screen is locked, it wouldn't happen. Please fix your programming to provide a lock screen.
Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

4 y مضت

@Bryan19720 wrote:
I disagree. What is causing pocket dialing is that you don't have a true lock screen. If screen is locked, it wouldn't happen. Please fix your programming to provide a lock screen.

I'm sorry, but there appears to be a bit of confusion here.  I have nothing to do with the phone's design or its features, nor does AT&T.  This is LG's phone, their design, their features.  If there is something about the phone that you dislike, I would suggest you provide feedback to LG.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y مضت

I have and they give the same nonsensical responses. Unfortunately, I am an AT&T customer and I did buy the phone from AT&T. Also, AT&T is certainly a large enough company to tell LG why AT&T's customers are not happy with the product. It's a programming issue that can be fixed.
Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

4 y مضت

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.  As you have provided your feedback to LG, then I have nothing further to suggest. 

There are a great many smartphones available these days, if you find this phone does not suit your needs, then you should be able to find one that better meets your standards. 

Best of luck to you. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.