The Samsung Galaxy S24
christophersg's profile

Teacher

 • 

11 Messages

Tuesday, May 7th, 2019 1:29 AM

Pixel 3 Losing Service Between Wifi/4G

Hi all,

 

Hoping to get some help here as both Google and ATT keep throwing the issue across the fence and blaming one another without any real support for me. I've had the Pixel 3 for about a week and have an interesting issue: mobile data will repeatedly drop and show an "X" on the signal bars whenever I switch between Wifi and mobile data. For example, if I disable wifi in my apartment, my phone reverts to 4G but drops signal. This lasts for minutes until I toggle Airplane mode on/off, or a couple of times it has eventually fixed itself after a LONG time. This isn't limited to my apartment, and I think I've also noticed it while driving around and glancing at my phone (with no service, and lasting a while before I get service back).

 

ATT reset network connections, made me reset the Pixel's network connections, and confirmed APN without diving into APN details (they said they can't "support Pixel 3 as it is not an ATT phone...). 

 

At this point, I'm loving the P3 experience but can't live with the constant signal issues. The same sim card was used in my Pixel 2 XL on ATT without a single signal issue. 

 

Any advice or recommendations? Thank you!

 

 

ACE - Sage

 • 

116.1K Messages

5 years ago

We have 2 pixel 3 xl and don’t have this problem.  I provide 24 hour pet care and often in homes with no cell service and my son goes to a college with no indoor signal  and both of our phone hand off just fine.  

 

ACE - Expert

 • 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

Get a new sim card.

ACE - Professor

 • 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

@christophersg - This should not be happening.  I have a Pixel XL, Pixel 2 XL, and have been using a Pixel 3 XL since it launched and I've never experienced an issue like yours. 

 

Try a new SIM like @GLIMMERMAN76 suggested.  Don't wait, do it right away, because if that doesn't do the trick and you're under the 15 day mark you should be able to return your phone to its place of purchase and get a new replacement. 

 

 

Teacher

 • 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks, all. I'll go ahead and run to the ATT store tomorrow and get an eSim QR code and give that a shot. I'm getting close to the 15 days, so that's something to keep an eye on. 

ACE - Expert

 • 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago


@christophersg wrote:

Thanks, all. I'll go ahead and run to the ATT store tomorrow and get an eSim QR code and give that a shot. I'm getting close to the 15 days, so that's something to keep an eye on. 


Do yourself a favor and get a real sim..  I keep reading all the horror stories about esim and the pixel 3 series.

Teacher

 • 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Will do, I'll pick up a new sim right now and report back in a few hours. 

ACE - Professor

 • 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago


@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@christophersg wrote:

Thanks, all. I'll go ahead and run to the ATT store tomorrow and get an eSim QR code and give that a shot. I'm getting close to the 15 days, so that's something to keep an eye on. 


Do yourself a favor and get a real sim..  I keep reading all the horror stories about esim and the pixel 3 series.


Actually, I've been using eSIM since the Pixel 2 XL launched, and I've experienced no problems at all, though I've admittedly not used it on AT&T. I would also note that the Verizon Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL models DO NOT have eSIM capability, which has, unfortunately, resulted in users' confusion.

Bottom line, I agree a physical SIM card is exactly what I would recommend for use on AT&T's network.

 

 

Teacher

 • 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Welp.

 

Got a brand new sim card today from the ATT store and troubleshooted all day. The issue still remains: if I disconnect from WiFi, my cell signal completely drops and I have no mobile data. 

ACE - Professor

 • 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago


@christophersg wrote:

Welp.

 

Got a brand new sim card today from the ATT store and troubleshooted all day. The issue still remains: if I disconnect from WiFi, my cell signal completely drops and I have no mobile data. 


 

Looks like you have a defective phone.  Time for a replacement.

 

 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.