Shop holiday gifts while you still can - Everyone gets our best deals on any smartphone!
The Samsung Galaxy S23
Mixedchic's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:00 PM

Phone upgrade, do I activate a new SIM card?

I have a AT&T  Prepaid plan on my Alcatel Xcite  and i just bought a new sim card for my phone and now it's saying sim card not provisioned after I called to have it activated so how do I fix this.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

If you want to keep your existing ATT number you don’t want to activate a new sim.  

Not quite true. No, you don't want to activate the new sim online because it will get a new number but there is nothing wrong with activating the new sim card provided you call and have ATT do it so they can activate it with the existing prepaid number. Now, if the old sim card is the right size for the new phone, no need to activate the new sim card. Just move the sim card from the old phone to the new phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

First try power cycling the phone. Did you call to activate the new phone, the new sim card or both? If you got a new sim card, it does need to be activated. If power cycling does not fix it, call back and find out what the issue is. 

ACE - Sage

• 

113.6K Messages

5 years ago

If you want to keep your existing ATT number you don’t want to activate a new sim.  

Not finding what you're looking for?