Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Ahmedzafar's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 29th, 2016 4:25 AM

Phone record

I want to know that i bought mu smartphone from at&t
And i adjusted my phone to someone plan. Now he asked me that any time he can break my password of my smartphone or can read my sms,check my calls or everything which is personal to me.
I want to know that is it possible for someone that he can check everything in my mobile through his plan.?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3K Messages

8 years ago

@Ahmedzafar wrote:

And i adjusted my phone to someone plan. Now he asked me that any time he can break my password of my smartphone or can read my sms,check my calls or everything which is personal to me.

Whomever owns the AT&Taccount, has nothing to do with the password to open the phone itself.  On an Android phone, its only the Google account user (which should be you) that can do that.

What the owner of the AT&T account can do is see what date/time calls were made, and to what number; and the same for SMS, but not read the SMS messages themselves (the only record of that is on the phone).

Is this person threatening you, or just trying to make you aware (even if the info is not all correct)?  If the former (threatening) then you probably shouldn't have your phone on their account.  But maybe that's obvious.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Owner of AT&T account just told me that whenever he want he can unlock my phone through this account.
That's why i asked these type of questions.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

It means he can never break my phone lock or never read my sms like on whatsapp or viber etc...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.9K Messages

7 years ago

@vondes wrote:

Yes it is possible, if the phone is set spyware application. It can record phone calls, video and other information, then pass it on to someone

That would require physical access to an unlocked phone to add such software.   In general, a person dan count on their phone and its contents being private.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.9K Messages

7 years ago

Contact the app developer if you don't know how to use the app.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.