Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

7 Messages

Wed, Jan 22, 2020 6:17 AM

PC not connecting GS9+ using usb cable

The problem seemed to be not from the cable nor the PC. I think I will try factory reset the GS9+. Since the cable is not working, I cannot use Smart Switch to backup the phone. Can I use data backup to a sd card instead?

After I do the factory reset and restore the backup back to the GS9+, will the "bad stuff" whatever it is just go back to the phone?

Responses

dmapr

ACE - Expert

• 

6.2K Messages

a month ago

A stupid question perhaps, but are you choosing the appropriate cable connect mode? I've noticed recently some phones default to charging only when connected with a USB cable and I have to manually select data transfer mode from the notification.

The Reset -> Restore should only restore the apps and their data if applicable, so the "bad stuff" should not come back unless it's one of the apps causing trouble.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a month ago

You can also use Samsung and Google cloud back up .

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

7 Messages

Yes, now I see those options in the phone. Thank you.

• 

7 Messages

Problem solved. It was the PC. I reinstalled Windows 10 and caught up with all the updates and drivers then the GS9+ was detected. I still may do a factory update just to keep everything fresh.