Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
brooklynsour's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Mon, Dec 5, 2016 8:25 PM

OnePlus3T

Why is it taking ATT so long to set correct provisions to such a wonderful phone? Not getting LTE, read on 12/5/16 the provisions will be set correctly, but still waiting...

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

6 y مضت

@brooklynsour

long story short...  They have no reason to get in a hurry or even do it at all.  The problem in this case is opo using junk china imei numbers.  The easy solution is to buy a cheap used LTE compliant ATT phone and have that imei entered on your account.  Otherwise your out of luck.  They have never updated the unlocked asus zen 2 phones in the database.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y مضت

whats so difficult for them to do it? if they make a big deal about nothing then its just being spiteful that this phone isnt att branded and locked with their garbage.....

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y مضت

t-mobile updated it for their customers and we're actively working to help their customers lol... att doing sht and still charging more...

MaxG338

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y مضت

I'm frustrated as well. Literally the only issue I have with this phone isn't even about the phone, it's about the carrier.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y مضت

cause att truly doesnt give a sht about their customers

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 y مضت

I agree, there is no reason, regardless of the IMEI that this should not work.  They need to stop blacklisting this device for LTE.  It supports the proper LTE bands, sim, and GSM compatibility.  They simply don't like the fact that the phone is better than almost any phone they sell that is carrier locked.  I pay for monthly service as well several other AT&T products and I just don't understand why they want to make life difficulf for their cusotmers.  Never had any issues with my Nexus 5 I purchased directly from Google on AT&T.  Stop blocking my device for the LTE service I am paying for. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

6 y مضت

@jsgates wrote:

I agree, there is no reason, regardless of the IMEI that this should not work.  They need to stop blacklisting this device for LTE.  It supports the proper LTE bands, sim, and GSM compatibility.  They simply don't like the fact that the phone is better than almost any phone they sell that is carrier locked.  I pay for monthly service as well several other AT&T products and I just don't understand why they want to make life difficulf for their cusotmers.  Never had any issues with my Nexus 5 I purchased directly from Google on AT&T.  Stop blocking my device for the LTE service I am paying for. 

@jsgates

in the case of your nexus 5 is used us based IMEI numbers which opo is to cheap to do.  The Huawei honor 8 works just fine on ATT but they are using imei numbers that identify the phone as a LTE complaint phone.  BYOP on any carrier has always stated not all features will work.  I have a 3t and I have lte but then again I am using a s7 actives imei number on my account.  I think the phones camera is junk compaired to the pixel xl.  I will give it to one of the kids.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 y مضت

Sounds like you are heavily biased against OnePlus.  

pgrey

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

6 y مضت

There is definitely "bias" against BYOD, and in particular any BYOD that doesn't do a good job implementing IMEI standards.  

How much bias there is depends on the model/brand, and which features are important to you.  I have a particular issue with WiFi call/text, but the better parts of the AT&T network still outweight the issues, for me, for now.

There is definitely money made on branded phone sales, and AT&T is pretty straightforward about BYOD not supporting all the features.  

The big one that's coming though, IMHO, is the fact they're moving to more and more pure LTE signal, which means you need VoLTE for baic voice in more locations (I'm struggling with this in my greater Seattle metro location), which is not allowed at all on BYOD right now, except iOS.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y مضت

lol i give you kudos cause i agree with what you said. but how can i accept that as a solution lol?

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

6 y مضت

@brooklynsour

I have noticed the bias is inconsistent.  My older sons Nexus 6p shows as an unknown device.  My younger son and I have Moto pure edition, which does show on my ATT account?  None get HD voice.

I have threatened to go to Verizon, where I can get HD voice even on prepaid and will use wifi calling.  

It will take a higher volume of non ATT phone users to pressure ATT into compliance.  Till then, they see selling branded phones as a viable revenue stream - it's not.  Not with these BOGO sales.  Not when they sell phones for more than any other carrier.  

Something has to give.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.