Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Dec 10, 2016 8:50 AM

Nougat update 7.0 LG G5

When will LG G5 users get the Nougat update?!

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Verizon announced a Nougat upgrade for G5.

Perhaps a switch to Verizon is the solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Today is the day! It's downloading now.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

@itcrackerjack wrote:

Today is the day! It's downloading now.

yelp it was released yesterday.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Haven't seenanything about my update. I have a non-ATT phone (RS988). I wonder if they will update, or put me at the end of the line.

I saw this video that describes how to force an update directly from Google. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF1KasRo2iY
Has anybody seen or heard of this?

BobSun

pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

@

@BobSun wrote:

Haven't seenanything about my update. I have a non-ATT phone (RS988). I wonder if they will update, or put me at the end of the line.

I saw this video that describes how to force an update directly from Google. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF1KasRo2iY
Has anybody seen or heard of this?

BobSun

There is no wait for a non-branded phone, it's only gated by the manufacturer/distributor.

You should be able to download it anytime, if it's been released, but not from AT&T (the build is different)

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

The manufacturer (LG) says differently - that they are not responsible for
the software. I purchased the phone from Amazon (the distributor) who likely
bought it elsewhere. Should I contact them?
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

@BobSun wrote:
The manufacturer (LG) says differently - that they are not responsible for
the software. I purchased the phone from Amazon (the distributor) who likely
bought it elsewhere. Should I contact them?

@BobSun

Lg is full of it per the usual with them...  The phone you have is the unlocked us version of the g5 and LG is the one who has to push the updates to the phone.  Its not carrier branded so no carrier is going to push the update.

have a read of this people are getting told all kinds of things

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g5/750335-rs988-nougat-7-0-update.html

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

OK.
Another conversation with LG, by phone.

There is NO upgrade available for the RS988, and there will be no upgrade
for at least 6 months. When (?) it becomes available, LG will make it known
on their web site, by checking their support page for the RS988.

I will contact Amazon, and inform them of my dissatisfaction and warn other
potential purchasers of this deficiency. I recommend other purchasers of
unlocked LG phones do the same.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

My s7 edge just got the update I'm in fl

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

My s7 edge just got the update today I'm in fl

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have the RS988 unbranded, unlocked version of the LG G5. Will the nougat update include LG G5 unlocked phones served by no contract carriers such as Tracfone who use AT&T towers.  Trying to get an accurate answer from LG is frustrating beyond belief,  I get so many contradictory answers.  Bottom line, do contract carriers work with no contract carriers to whom they make their towers available to get os updates to no contract wireless consumers?  LG and Tracfone say no.  If that is the case, fine, I am still very happy with my LG, it's a great phone. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Thunderpaws wrote:

Will that include LG G5 unlocked phones served by no contract carriers such as Tracfone who use AT&T towers?

what model number is the phone

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

: Nougat update 7.0 LG G5

Thanks for asking, I just posted this edited response:

I have the RS988 unbranded, unlocked version of the LG G5. Will the nougat update include LG G5 unlocked phones served by no contract carriers such as Tracfone who use AT&T towers.  Trying to get an accurate answer from LG is frustrating beyond belief,  I get so many contradictory answers.  Bottom line, do contract carriers work with no contract carriers to whom they make their towers available to get os updates to no contract wireless consumers?  LG and Tracfone say no.  If that is the case, fine, I am still very happy with my LG, it's a great phone. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

no they dont BUT the update for an unlocked phone comes straight from the OEM in your case that is LG.  LG just sucks at updating there phones period.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Yup, I like LG phones but LG sure needs to improve their updates.  Oh well, happily at least I got the Google Assistant shortly after purchasing my LG G5 a couple weeks ago, it's a great asset.  Thanks for your helpful information.

Get started...

Ask a new question