Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

 • 

1 Message

Sat, Dec 10, 2016 8:50 AM

Nougat update 7.0 LG G5

When will LG G5 users get the Nougat update?!

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

 • 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago

when its released...  ATT does not give update schedules

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
hlb3

Teacher

 • 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Usually 3-4 months after all the other carriers...

Contributor

 • 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have been a at&t customer for 10+ years and it sickens me that they are usually the last carrier to send/receive or make any type of update to their phones and especially being a g5 owner I feel they really dropped the ball on this one by not hoping on the Android Nougat wagon quickly because we have not even had root because of carrier restrictions on the H820.

I have since switched carriers and will probably never go back due to blatant negligence, lack of communication or response to critical updates and for caring zero {edited for word filter evasion} about their customers.

Don't expect this update any time soon their development team is too busy pushing Samsung exploding note updates because they don't need to do anything they are at&t.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

 • 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago


@TheAveryHouse wrote:

I have been a at&t customer for 10+ years and it sickens me that they are usually the last carrier to send/receive or make any type of update to their phones and especially being a g5 owner I feel they really dropped the ball on this one by not hoping on the Android Nougat wagon quickly because we have not even had root because of carrier restrictions on the H820.

I have since switched carriers and will probably never go back due to blatant negligence, lack of communication or response to critical updates and for caring zero {edited for word filter evasion} about their customers.

Don't expect this update any time soon their development team is too busy pushing Samsung exploding note updates because they don't need to do anything they are at&t.


@TheAveryHouse

 

Blame LG!

 

ATT is pushing the samsung monthly security updates each month.  Its LG's fault they are not doing monthly updates but then again samsung controls 28 percent of the us smartphone market with apple controling almost 50%.  LG was in the bottom at like 8%.  LG is not doing themsevles any favors at this point.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
ErnestK

Mentor

 • 

44 Messages

4 years ago

I wish this update would hurry up. Seems like At&t are last to get updates out. it sucks

tim horton

Professor

 • 

1.3K Messages

4 years ago

May be it is a good thing there will not be a Nougat update for the G5. After every round of LG updates, it usually follows by massive user complaints about boot loop, sim card not recognized, short battery life ..................
ErnestK

Mentor

 • 

44 Messages

4 years ago

where did you read there wasnt going to be an update for the g5? From what I seen, the G5s are getting the nougat update. Every other carrier has the g5 update already. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

 • 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago


@ErnestK wrote:

where did you read there wasnt going to be an update for the g5? From what I seen, the G5s are getting the nougat update. Every other carrier has the g5 update already. 


@ErnestK

 

he was talking in the short term.  The G5 on other carriers is having problems with this update.  And I could see ATT waiting till the 7.1.1 update is available to the G5 since it fixed most of the bugs that 7.0 had

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
ErnestK

Mentor

 • 

44 Messages

4 years ago

Oh ok I see. thanks for clearifing that for me. Isn't 7.1.1 out already for some phone?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

 • 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago


@ErnestK wrote:

Oh ok I see. thanks for clearifing that for me. Isn't 7.1.1 out already for some phone?


Sure the nexus line and pixels all have 7.1.1.  actually my pixel xl shipped with 7.1.1

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

 • 

1 Message

4 years ago

Glimmerman76 this is on AT&T for slow releases security updates are differnet from major releases.  So with Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobiles having it and yet AT&T not releasing it then thats on AT&T not LG. Now if AT&T saw bugs with it and asked for them to be fixed before releasing it thats another story but AT&T need to be more transparent otherwise this will ultimatly fall on AT&T for failure to update because without letting the community know whats going that is the only logical point of failure.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

 • 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago

@DragonBlades84

 

no I think ATT is holding out for the 7.1.1 updates its easier than testing 7.0 and 7.1.1 separate.

 

The bugs in 7.0 are list in various places

 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-lg-g5/help/sooooooo-problems-nougat-update-t3518198

http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-g5-owners-hows-nougat-update-treating-you    <----------read the comments section.

 

 

 

 

 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

 • 

1 Message

4 years ago

No they're not. My S7s are still on the November patch with Att.

Contributor

 • 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Any Update? Did we get the Nouget Yet?

Contributor

 • 

1 Message

4 years ago

not yet, ive been checking almost everyday now. Waiting patiently, but eager to be able to use it on my G5

Get started...

Ask a new question