meadsky6's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, February 25th, 2018 6:57 PM

Closed

Not receiving messages

Hello

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL fully updares. I'm being informed by multiple friends that I haven't received their MMS message, missing multiple messages on group chats and now just not receiving texts from 1 on 1 conversations. I thought it was the texting app but I downloaded a new one and same problem. What can I do?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Just watching the threads here and on Reddit and waiting. Still not working for me. For example, I SMS/MMSed a photo to a friend today, on an existing one-on-one text thread. He didn't get it. He had no idea I send it. How do I know? I asked him when I saw him in person a short time after I send the message. He showed me his phone (iPhone) - nothing.

How is it that we are asked to pay the full price for our monthly service, yet we don't get 100% of the service we pay for??? ATT's b@@lsh!t reply that "Pixels are not a supported phone and thus do not guarantee 100% compatibility" is a complete cop out. In essence it's extortion! Meaning - use our phones or we will not guarantee compatibility with BASIC functionality like MMS.

What if every Pixel owner on ATT switched to Verizon? Would they notice then? I'm so tired of YEARS of ATT's crap. Ugh.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Yep, its still a problem. Same traffic on the google product forum:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/BwyxuNcJj-U

Personally, I am giving this issue a few more weeks to get addressed. If it is not, I am switching to Project FI to try that. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have been experiencing the same on my Pixel 2 from AT&T for almost a month now. Spent several hours on the phone with AT&T changing settings and setting up new Access Point Names. It seemed to improve the issue but not fix it completely. AT&T told me there was nothing else they could do for my unlocked phone but I did qualify to buy a new phone under my plan. (My Pixel 2 is literally 4 mos old). HA. 

It's without a doubt an AT&T issue. I have Android using friends (using AT&T's device supported Samsungs) that are also have the same issue. It seems to be when messages come in from iPhone users. I just had an update to my phone this morning and was hopeful it would fix the issue...but nope, no such luck. SO. FRUSTRATING.

I too am about to switch to Project FI, I've heard nothing but great things. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

This issue is STILL happening to me, more than two months later. I got an undownloadable message from an unknown sender as recently as last night. I was able to confirm the undownloadable message was a message in a group text that I had literally received messages without problem in merely minutes earlier.

How has this been going on for OVER TWO MONTHS at this point, with no solution in sight??

This is ridiculous! Do I really have to go sink a bunch more money into a different phone because my current phone is lacking a very basic function, when both the carrier and the company who makes the phone haven't presented a solution? This is simply not acceptable!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Switched to Project Fi. Zero issues.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'm having a similar, but slightly different issue. I'm missing individual messages that never make it through, but also a super weird glitch where instead of sending me the new message it sends me an OLD message from that same person. I'm talking a message that might be months old. Which makes the text thread almost unreadable because it's completely garbled and you can't tell what message is supposed to be new because you're missing current texts with old ones interspersed throughout. 

Based on this thread, I'm also going to try turning of Enhanced LTE but I'm seriously considering a switch from AT&T away to another carrier. Anyone know if this is happening on T-Mobile?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

For anyone still having an issue ... 

I mean, I'm on a Galaxy S9 but have been having a lot of missing texts back and forth between different people ... Especially with picture messages - - try turning off Advanced Messaging in the messaging app. Helped instantly during an experimental convo w a usual culprit in my contacts. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Ever since I've switched to Verizon, the missing MMS messages problem disappeared. Same phones, same locations, etc. Nothing has changed on my end other other than cell service provider. So regardless of what AT&T is telling us, it is THEIR problem and they're unwilling to own it. But they WILL demand 100% monthly payment for LESS than 100% service. Shame on AT&T!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi there, 

Adding myself to this list. I have google pixel 2 and started noticing missed messages over the last few months. I have since found out that I have missed a bunch of SMS individual texts. I have been talking with ATT support, and have done all the factory resets etc as advised. Still no solution. 

Has anyone else found a solution here?  It sounds like this issue has been persisting for quite a few months now....

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My discussions with AT&T resulted in the fact that they don't support the Pixel and that there was no solution to the problem. I switched to Verizon and haven't had any reports of missed messages since. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.