meadsky6's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, February 25th, 2018 6:57 PM

Closed

Not receiving messages

Hello

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL fully updares. I'm being informed by multiple friends that I haven't received their MMS message, missing multiple messages on group chats and now just not receiving texts from 1 on 1 conversations. I thought it was the texting app but I downloaded a new one and same problem. What can I do?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

One more thing to try. Some coworkers suggested that problem is that Apple just updated Apple messaging, and this could cause problems with communicating with Android users. It is true that all my lost messages come from iphones. Coworkers (and coincidentally ATT support) suggested telling my Apple user contacts to delete my contact and re-add. Pretty lame I know, but I'll try it if it happens to me again. For some reason today I didn't seem to be losing messages.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I don't think it is an iPhone issue because I initially noticed the issue with other android users. It seems to be both and iPhone and Android issue. It is an AT&T issue. Having several people experience the same issue on the same day is not a coincidence. I will call this afternoon. If they tell me their network is fine, I will call again tomorrow. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I'm on the regular Pixel 2 and having the same issue.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Same issue here on a regular Pixel 2. Have lost messages from both Apple and Android phones, including other Pixels. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Ok, it sounds like it is not specific to messaging from android to iphone. Thanks to all for confirming this. I had chatted with ATT support for help on this 5 days ago, and received some assurances:
I have asked the back end team to check and correct the all other settings.
And check 10 times if there is any glitch from their end.
So you no need to worry about anything.
I have send the notes to work on this on high priority.

I have not heard anything back.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Having the same issue with Pixel 2 XL.  Tried a full factory reset without a restore and still not able to receive MMS and group messages.  Started this last week and has been getting worse.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

This is happening to me too! I have a Pixel 2, and can first confirm the missing messages in group texts on February 22, 2018. There is no rhyme or reason to whose texts I receive and whose I don't. I will try turning off the Enhanced 4G LTE network thing. It's just so frustrating, because I don't know when I'm missing messages unless someone somehow tells me!

I've also been getting weird downloading texts (that won't download) in one-on-one text conversations. When I ask if the sender actually sent me anything, they didn't! This has happened with multiple people as well.

My Pixel 2 was working fine for several months! I'm not happy with AT&T about this.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Any any fix for this yet? 

Quite annoying

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

That post is from last year...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.