Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Cassiemagar's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 6th, 2016 5:04 AM

Not enough room...

I have a Kyocera Air C-something...I have a bunch of apps disabled because I have absolutely no use for them...I feel like there should be a way to remove them because all they are doing is taking up room on my phone and I need the space for an app I need...I only have one game on my phone but I just do not have enough room...I need a way to uninstall apps that are predownloaded...if it's not critical to the phone it should be able to be uninstalled by the owner of the phone...I have no use for an Amazon shopping app among others...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

8 years ago

You can't delete system apps, only disable. Disabling doesn't free up space on your device. If the app has updated, it will delete the updates and then disable. If that device takes a memory card, that would be your best bet. 

Former Employee

• 

123 Messages

8 years ago

@Cassiemagar The phone you have is an AT&T Kyocera Hydro Air Prepaid Smartphone, right?

Locate settings > application manager > Hold down your finger on the app and drag it to the uninstall option at the top of the screen.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

8 years ago

@Cassiemagar wrote:
I have a bunch of apps disabled because I have absolutely no use for them...I feel like there should be a way to remove them because all they are doing is taking up room on my phone and I need the space for an app I need

Android doesn't work that way.  The pre-installed apps are installed on the System partition, and that partition is the same size regardless of whether the "bloatware" is there or not.  New apps don't get installed to this partition, and you have no ability to write/save anything else to it.  It has no bearing on what you can install or save to the user data partition.

The only way to free up space is to get rid of unneeded files or user installed apps.  Installing an SD card as previously suggested may help with this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.