The Samsung Galaxy S24
ubepaul's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Thursday, July 6th, 2017 11:26 AM

Nokia 6 VOLTE Enabled?

Hi, 
Has Nokia certified the Nokia 6 to support VOLTE on AT&T as we know most non branded android devices do not support AT&T VOLTE and falls back to UTMS for voice. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:
If it were strictly an IMEI check, every one plus with a dummy IMEI to get LTE, should be able to slip by ATT, and get VoLTE also. And the system that recognizes both my Pixel and Moto pure as LTE, because the IMEI is in their data base.
Since that isn't the case, white listing is not where it's at. . The system must be looking for more

@lizdance40

it is a strictly IMEI check....  The files for enhanced LTE services are on every android device shipped.  The problem with the 1+ devices are the IMEI is listed as 3g only.  You can spoof that with atts billing system that picks up on which data set the phone should use based on IMEI number.  THere is a 2nd system that controls enhanced LTE services which has its own set of IMEI checks and only works with ATT phones which are in the database.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

7 years ago

Okay, that makes sense.. Only because ATT does everything the hard, complicated, time consuming and expensive way.... Otherwise no sense at all 😕

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

so basically changing the imei number to a one thats in att database will enable to volte if it matches both of the checks 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

7 years ago

@ubepaul  

But it won't.  You will get LTE speeds, but not VoLTE or wifi calling.  

If or when ATT allows non branded androids, I hope I'm still around to use it. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

received yesterday and it does support VOLTE and wifi calling  Smiley Very Happy29d83c3666b759d04ef25ee7057e6bbb.jpgnokia has their act together...

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

It does look it supports volte. The little phone with lte next to it. Which I will give them credit for a cheap 179 dollar phone is good.

I doubt it support wifi calling. Because you don't have WiFi on in that screenshot. There should be a toggle for wifi calling in the notification shade.

Screenshot_20170711-051128.png

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

7 years ago

My sister just ordered this as a replacement for my nephew.  I will be surprised as I was not sure about buying this phone.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

My sister just ordered this as a replacement for my nephew.  I will be surprised as I was not sure about buying this phone.  

The other thing with WiFi calling is you have to go thru the e911 page to get it activated and that is a ATT page.  This is part of the reason it does not work on unlocked phones.  Volte is easier to make work.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.