For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
CC3698's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 17th, 2015 9:53 PM

Nexus 6 Marshmallow update ETA?

Hi, I understand the update is being rolled out in stages,  but  can anyone give an approximate ETA for the AT&T specific build of Android 6;0 Marshmallow? (I have already installed the prerequisite October security update, build LMY48W).

Thanks

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 - I would have flashed Marshmallow factory image if I was convinced that the build will work on AT&T. The below link says it doesn't.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/599041-google-really-allowing-t-delay-ota-marshmallow-nexus-6-a.html

Nexus6-AT&T.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@ravishankar.kr

works fine on my nexus 6 so I have no clue what that mod on android central was talking about.  Google has said there will be only one Build for the nexus 6 going forward.  That was a public statement google made.  So there is no special build for ATT.  I have no idea what the hold up is.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

I have an unlocked Nexus 6 purchased from Motorola. I have AT&T as my carrier. Since AT&T is still not offering MM 6 to it's customer, I installed MM 6 from Google's factory image instead. I have not seen any problems so far. Anyone know what the difference is between Google's factory image and having to wait for AT&T??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I tried to load 6.0 marshmallow on my Google play store Nexus 6, it loaded fine but my cell signal and LTE signals were really terrible, missed calls, no service, failed text messages, I flashed it back to 5.1.1 LMY48W and the phone is working fine. I believe that there has to be something specific to AT&T but of course nobody at AT&T has any idea or information about anything regarding this phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Pac730 wrote:
I tried to load 6.0 marshmallow on my Google play store Nexus 6, it loaded fine but my cell signal and LTE signals were really terrible, missed calls, no service, failed text messages, I flashed it back to 5.1.1 LMY48W and the phone is working fine. I believe that there has to be something specific to AT&T but of course nobody at AT&T has any idea or information about anything regarding this phone.

or it was a bad flash.  I have been using my n6 with mm on ATT for weeks with no problems.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

I also flash Google factory image of MM 6 over Lollipop 5.1.1 since I couldn't keep waiting for AT&T. I just don't understand why we are under AT&T control for updates anyway. I purchased an unlocked Nexus 6 through eBay. It is and was not, carrier dependent. Once I put my AT&T SIM card into the Nexus, now AT&T controls it. Friend of mine purchased the same phone through the same means. He has Cricket for service, which is part of AT&T but he got the update to MM 6 from Lollipop as soon as MM 6 came out. He also got the last 2 updates to MM 6. 

I asked this question before but didn't get a reply back:
What is difference, if any, between having to wait for AT&T update to MM 6 and doing a Google factory image install on the Nexus 6?? I haven't seen any problems so far with using MM 6 and have since installed the factory image for the last MM 6 update which is MRA58R. I just hate having to install factory images which wipes out all my configurations for my apps.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@georged98 wrote:

I also flash Google factory image of MM 6 over Lollipop 5.1.1 since I couldn't keep waiting for AT&T. I just don't understand why we are under AT&T control for updates anyway. I purchased an unlocked Nexus 6 through eBay. It is and was not, carrier dependent. Once I put my AT&T SIM card into the Nexus, now AT&T controls it. Friend of mine purchased the same phone through the same means. He has Cricket for service, which is part of AT&T but he got the update to MM 6 from Lollipop as soon as MM 6 came out. He also got the last 2 updates to MM 6. 

I asked this question before but didn't get a reply back:
What is difference, if any, between having to wait for AT&T update to MM 6 and doing a Google factory image install on the Nexus 6?? I haven't seen any problems so far with using MM 6 and have since installed the factory image for the last MM 6 update which is MRA58R. I just hate having to install factory images which wipes out all my configurations for my apps.

@georged98

when you flash those updates dont flash the /data file.  Manually flash each file.  your data wont get wiped that way.

There is no difference as far as I can tell they are the same build.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

8 years ago

Maybe it has something to do with the HD voice, advanced messaging, video calling features they recently started rolling out? (Google Play Purchased Nexus 6 here.. On At&t.. Still stuck on 5.1.1 LMY48Y)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

According to a pm for WiFi calling the n6 and any other non att device won't get either.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

8 years ago

The second Google Fi gets service in Philly's subway tunnels, or I don't need to ride in the disgusting rat hole anymore I am dropping AT&T.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.