For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
CC3698's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 17th, 2015 9:53 PM

Nexus 6 Marshmallow update ETA?

Hi, I understand the update is being rolled out in stages,  but  can anyone give an approximate ETA for the AT&T specific build of Android 6;0 Marshmallow? (I have already installed the prerequisite October security update, build LMY48W).

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

has nothing to do with google as they released the update back in the first part of october.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

i have at&t via straight talk and i'm in the same boat.  i got a t-mobile sim from straight talk, did a factory reset, and it did no good.  Once you download the W build you are stuck with it.  I'm still waiting for the OTA update also.  At&t is a complete joke.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@eatman3 wrote:

i have at&t via straight talk and i'm in the same boat.  i got a t-mobile sim from straight talk, did a factory reset, and it did no good.  Once you download the W build you are stuck with it.  I'm still waiting for the OTA update also.  At&t is a complete joke.

@eatman3

if your on another carrier just unlock the thing and flash the right build to your phone.  The only reason you did get updates was because it was a nexus.  Anyother att phone would not get updates at all.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 -  Why would AT&T just hold it back if there were no problems - and why would the builds be different for different carriers (LMY48W for AT&T)  ?  At the end of the day - aren't we getting these builds from google.  According to me, AT&T wouldn't hold it back if there were no problems with the Marshmallow for AT&T nexus 6.

I consider - Google is also at fault because the whole business model is frustrating for end user like me.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@ravishankar.kr wrote:

Glimmerman -  Why would AT&T just hold it back if there were no problems - and why would the builds be different for different carriers (LMY48W for AT&T)  ?  At the end of the day - aren't we getting these builds from google.  According to me, AT&T wouldn't hold it back if there were no problems with the Marshmallow for AT&T nexus 6.

I consider - Google is also at fault because the whole business model is frustrating for end user like me.

@ravishankar.kr

an ATT nexus 6 is the same as a verizon or google play nexus 6 same model numbers.  ATT has a habit of testing os builds for to long.  I got tired of the ATT boot splash on a nexus device and removed it when I first got the phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@ravishankar.kr

here is the biggest problem that google is resolving with 6.0...  To many builds of the same software.

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 - Thanks. I never doubted google's intentions -  I am a huge google nexus fan - and felt like left out 😞

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@ravishankar.kr

if I was you I would just unlock and flash instead of waiting.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 - I hate doing a factory reset on my phone as i am not so good in organizing things and backing my applications up. Is there a way to work around that ? 🙂

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

with lollipop google will automaticly reinstall your apps just not the data.  Now with 6.0 it backs it all up. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.