For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
CC3698's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 17th, 2015 9:53 PM

Nexus 6 Marshmallow update ETA?

Hi, I understand the update is being rolled out in stages,  but  can anyone give an approximate ETA for the AT&T specific build of Android 6;0 Marshmallow? (I have already installed the prerequisite October security update, build LMY48W).

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Oh it will work I did it with mine but my bootloader is unlocked.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Did you flash it, or did you sideload it?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Sideload but I was already on the latest build.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Also, if you did sideload it, which OTA zip file did you use? Considering there is none for LMY48W --> MRA58K. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

So you did not go from LMY48W to MRA58K? Cause that's my main concern. There is a OTA build path for each branch (carrier or type) and the OTA from LMY48W to Marshmallow hasn't been released. Though the Marshmallow builds are unified, I'm assuming that AT&T hasn't pushed it out yet cause it has to make some changes and/or fixes? In which case, me sideloading any MRA58K could cause weird functionality within my Nexus 6 (dropped signals, wifi signals etc). Only reason I'm holding off on sideloading (do not want to flash since I do not have an unlocked bootloader and will lose all my data)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Like I said I was on the latest posted build on the android dev site.  I dont know why people wait for the update.  Unless there not bootloader unlocked.  I unlocked mine the day I bought it.  Knowing that it wipes all my data.  I just flash everything but the data.img.

I was not on 48W as I was not on ATT update schedule thats where the problem comes in.  well at least going forward marshmallow will be unified.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

{keep it courteous}

I did not unlock my bootloader because a year ago when I purchased my device, I had no idea that AT&T would inexplicably delay updates released by Google for upwards of a month.  At this point, I do not want to wipe my device.  I just want AT&T to get out of the way and let me enjoy updates from Google.  AT&T, you are not a device-maker, and your software is either terrible or pure bloat.

Again, literally every single other carrier in the US has allowed this update to be released to their users.  AT&T is the only one who has not.  There are only two possibilities at this point: 1. They are incompetent because it is taking them weeks longer than every other carrier to perform this task; or 2. They just don't care.  If the answer is 2, then I'll just move my lines to another carrier.  If there is a legitimate reason for this delay, which I cannot imagine there is, they should at least provide it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Exactly, the problem comes in when the person is on the 48W build path and does not want to factory reset their phones by unlocking the bootloader

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@sham1232 wrote:

{keep it courteous}

I did not unlock my bootloader because a year ago when I purchased my device, I had no idea that AT&T would inexplicably delay updates released by Google for upwards of a month.  At this point, I do not want to wipe my device.  I just want AT&T to get out of the way and let me enjoy updates from Google.  AT&T, you are not a device-maker, and your software is either terrible or pure bloat.

Again, literally every single other carrier in the US has allowed this update to be released to their users.  AT&T is the only one who has not.  There are only two possibilities at this point: 1. They are incompetent because it is taking them weeks longer than every other carrier to perform this task; or 2. They just don't care.  If the answer is 2, then I'll just move my lines to another carrier.  If there is a legitimate reason for this delay, which I cannot imagine there is, they should at least provide it.

the first update in december was 3 weeks behind google.  The next several were 2 to 3 weeks behind.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

It is really sad that - it is taking so long for both AT&T and Google - to get out the update for Nexus 6 AT&T model. It shows what Android lacks compared to Apple's iOS. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.