Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
F

• 

1 Message

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 3:40 PM

new phone broke want to use my old phone.

Broken screen on note 10 I want to use my old Galaxy s8 how do I switch this?

Responses

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

137.3K Messages

23 days ago

We can definitely help you switch, @Ferridgolf

Both devices us a nano SIM Card so making the switch should be pretty simple. Power off both devices to get started. 

Then with your Galaxy Note 10, pop out the SIM tray which is located at the top of the device on the left corner, using the SIM tool or a paperclip. Carefully remove the SIM Card not to damage the gold connectors.

Using the same tool, remove the SIM card tray on your Galaxy S8, which too is located on the top left corner of the device. Place the SIM with the gold contact facing down and the notched edge to the left.

If you're using an expandable memory card (SD Card) it goes in the SIM card tray also so it would be a good time to transfer it over.

Once you swap the SIM & SD Cards pop the card tray back into place then power on your device. You should be all set.

Give it a try, and let us know when you've completed the swap. Thank you!

Keny, AT&T Community Specialsit

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.6K Messages

23 days ago

HOLD IT!    If you have insurance, it is very important you file a claim before you switch your sim card. Asurion Insurance insures the phone that is most recently on your AT&T service.  That means your insurance is going to cover whichever phone that has the SIM card in.   File a claim first.  Then move the sim

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question