The Samsung Galaxy S24
lonewulf70's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 11th, 2015 7:41 PM

New Motorola XT 1045 Won't Power On

I just upgraded to a new Motorola XT 1045 just about a week ago and now it won't power on. I was actually talking to my wife less than an hour ago and the dang screen just went black and will not come back up. I have had no issues with it at all up till now. Never been dropped. Tried plugging it into the charger to see if that would make screen come back up, but no luck. The little light at top of phone is still blinking. This is my first Motorola phone and probably my last. Any ideas????

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @lonewulf70 Thanks for posting your device concerns.

Sorry to hear your phone will not power on. What you’ll want to do at this point is a factory reset. Please follow the steps below to resolve your phone issue.

With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down and the Power key simultaneously for two seconds > Press the Volume Down key until "Recovery" is highlighted, and then press the Volume Up key to select it > After approximately 30 seconds at the green Android Logo (after the Motorola logo), press and hold the Volume Up key, and then press the Power key. You should see the "Android System Recovery" menu > Press the Volume Down key until "Wipe data / factory reset" is highlighted, and then press the Power key > Press the Volume Down key until "Yes -- delete all user data" is highlighted, and then press the Power key > Please wait while your device is restored > When the data wipe is complete, press the Volume Down key until "Reboot system now" is highlighted, and then press the Power key.

Hope this helps!

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.