The Samsung Galaxy S23
bradsjunkystuff's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 29th, 2018 2:29 AM

New Google Pixel 3 phone not getting LTE in Austin Texas

New Google Pixel 3 phone not getting LTE in Austin Texas.  Spent 3 hours trying to figure it out with support. Even had Google support call AT&T so they could discuss it.  AT&T's stance is that it is made for Verizon so it won't work with our network and Google says they designed it to work with AT&T's network.  And it just went to a stalemate like that!  So I am stuck with no LTE, just H+.  This is the list of LTE bands the Pixel 3 works with from Google: 

North America:

• GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
  • UMTS/WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
  • CDMA: BC0/1/10
  • LTE (FDD): B1/2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/20/25/26/29
  • LTE (TDD): B41
  • LTE CA DL: B2-B2, B2-B4, B2-B5, B2-B12, B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-B29, B4-B4, B4-B5, B4-B7, B4-B12, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29, B41-B41

Does anybody know what bands AT&T uses in Austin Texas?  

I would also like to note that AT&T is actively trying to bring in people with Pixel 3 phones despite not caring one bit that their LTE service is not supported as far as they know.

https://www.att.com/plans/google-pixel.html

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.6K Messages

4 years ago

What phone did you have before?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Samsung S5, LTE worked just fine

ACE - Sage

• 

105.4K Messages

4 years ago

The S5 had a bigger SIM card so you had a new card made.  The optimum is to have a SIM card activated in an ATT phone, then swap it to the new phone.  

The Pixel 3 should get LTE, HD voice and Wifi calling. 

QuarryRye

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

4 years ago

That's ridiculous for AT&T reps to say that the phone doesn't work on AT&T's network. Its own website encourages customers to use the Pixel 3, so it can't be a compatibility issue.

Have you checked to make sure the APN settings are correct?
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1062162​

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

The issue is resolved and I now have LTE.  I needed a new SIM card is all.  I went to another AT&T store location today and specifically requested a new SIM card.  Which begs the question as to why they did not offer me one at the first store I went to which would have saved me hours of time.  Seems like they don't do that unless you have spoken to tech support on the phone first.  Bad system since tech support on the phone could not provide a new SIM card!  The samsung phone was using an adapter for nano SIM.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.