Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
jxbaker

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Sun, May 31, 2020 2:51 PM

Network not available for voice calls

Hello,

I have AT&T prepaid service. I've had it for a long time with no problems. I've swapped my sim card to a couple of different phones and can't make calls on any of them. They will send text messages OK (wifi and bluetooth is off). When I try to make a call the phones will beep after a few seconds and a message pops up that says "Network is not available for voice calls". or "Mobile network is not available". It shows it is receiving a 4G signal. Everything works good except voice calls. My phone was underwater overnight a few days ago. I removed the sim card and trashed that phone. Have tried the sim on a couple of different phones with the same results.

Responses

jxbaker

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

a month ago

The phone also shows

Network - AT&T

Mobile network - LTE

Service State - in service

Roaming - Not roaming

Mobile Network State - Connected

(edited)

Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

Perhaps the SIM card was water damaged. I suggest you try a new SIM card.

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
jxbaker

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

That was gonna be my next move (new sim card). But, I just traveled to Arkansas for a couple of days and magically my phone worked perfectly while there and now it works great back home. Not sure what cossing the state line had to do with it but it's fixed now. Thanks for the response...

Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

That's great news. Thanks for the update!

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question