Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Apr 4, 2020 3:20 AM

My Service Keeps going out!

I have a samsung Gal 8 and I never ad a problem out of it until a few weeks ago where it would cut out and I'm unable to send msgs or txts. sometimes for hours at a time. it's such a frequent thing now I get it at least once a day now and it's not like I'm in a rural area or anything. I've been in this area for years.. but I've tried resting it, updating it, cleaning out the sim port, (obviously) removing the sim card, powering it off completely. I'm at a loss at this point and with the COVID-19 being a thing I don't want my friends and family thinking I just up and croaked on them! (LOL)

Responses

Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

2 months ago

I suggest you try resetting your network settings:

From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps. ...

Navigate: Settings > General management. ...

Tap Reset network settings.

Tap Reset settings.

If applicable, enter the PIN, password, fingerprint, or pattern then tap Reset again to confirm.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then a factory reset may be needed.

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Thank you! I'll try it.

Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

You're very welcome.

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.5K Messages

2 months ago

It's also possible that your sim card is defective, or that the Sim drawer is no longer connecting properly in your sim card disconnects from the slot.
Sometimes replacement SIM card helps sometimes the SIM drawer or phone needs repair or replacement. Sorry, not a good time for troubles.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.