Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 9:48 PM

My LG Phonex 3 wont charge.

I am suddenly unable to charge my phone. I tried blowing out the charging port on my phone and nothing changed. it's not the outlet I'm using and it's not the charging cord. I just bought the new charging cord today and it was working less than 2 hours ago.

Responses

ATTKevin

Administrator

• 

390 Messages

3 weeks ago

I've had this happen thousands of times with countless devices, and I've had a lot of success doing the following:

• Remove the back cover from your device

• Remove the battery

• Press the power button 30 times

• Re-insert the battery

• Replace the back cover

• Check if device is charging

Essentially, you're draining the components of any residual power. Sometimes electronics get wonky, and I've found that by doing this, it resolves most power issues.

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

3 weeks ago

If ATTKevin's good suggestion didn't resolve the issue, it's possible your phone may have an impacted charging port.

It's quite possible that your phone's charging port has simply accumulated some debris and could do with a bit of careful cleaning. It's quite remarkable how an unnoticeable amount of lint or other debris can interfere with connectivity, but it does.

Cleaning the charging port: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROnwEQkXwAE

Just a bit of a tip on cleaning the charging port: Make sure you've powered off the phone prior to cleaning the charging port. The safest option is to cut out a piece of thin flexible plastic and use that as your pick instead of something metallic. Anything made of metal is conductive and risks damaging the charging port either mechanically or electrically.

(edited)

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.