Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
A

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 19, 2021 5:58 PM

My hauwei p30 pro no longer gets data connection.

I've tried everything over the last four days to fix this issue from calling the support line multiple times to be told it might just be I need "another" new phone to people in tech support just reading scripts and not knowing what I'm talking about. My phone worked perfectly fine and all of a sudden stopped receiving data and mms line.

the one thing that seems to have the most effect is the apn setup. just by tinkering ive gotten some functions of mms working and some apps will run on it but its not 100% and i no longer have LTE access.

I attempted to set my phones apn to what is supposed to be default of :

Name: NXTGENPHONE   

APN : NXTGENPHONE  

Proxy : Not set   

Port : Not set   

Username: Not set   

Password: Not set   

Server: Not set   

MMSC :  http://mmsc.mobile.att.net   

MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net   

MMS port : 80   

MCC : 310  

MNC : 410   

Authentication Type: None   

APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri   

APN protocol: IPv4   

Bearer : Unspecified

and it instantly gets deleted every time I try to activate it. every time I talk to att support on the phone half the "advanced support" people are Indians reading their scripted support lines or are people that have no idea what an apn is.

i know my phone isnt technically supported through att but for 7 months it worked perfectly fine with :

Name: ATT Phone   

APN : Phone

Proxy : Not set   

Port : Not set   

Username: Not set   

Password: Not set   

Server: Not set   

MMSC :  http://mmsc.mobile.att.net   

MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net   

MMS port : 80   

MCC : 310  

MNC : 410   

Authentication Type: None   

APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri   

APN protocol: IPv4   

Bearer : Unspecified

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.5K Messages

1 y ago

ATT is kicking devices like the phone you have off the network.  I am assuming the system does not even know what the phone is.  You could try the IMEI cheat trick by assigning your sim to a ATT LTE prepaid phone then putting the sim back in your phone.  That may get you data back.  You are going to find out over the next year voice and text service for your phone is going to get worse and worse as they head for the 3g shutdown date.

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

they booted my imei the second I told them it wasnt my iphone 7 anymore. kinda scummy since I've always paid my bill for the last 12 years. but hard not to expect it considering they've been trying to get me off my unlimited data plan for the last 6 years.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.5K Messages

1 y ago

It's the phone brand that is the problem.  They are on a list not to do business with.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.