Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
P

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Nov 26, 2020 7:26 PM

My device settings are configured to AT&T even though it's not an AT&T device

Hello,

I own Samsung S10 plus which is a direct unlocked device from a different carrier.I have inserted the AT&T sim card as my first sim card to check the unlock functionality and then everything has changed. My device settings are now by default configured to AT&T. I am able to use a different carrier sim but not receiving any OTA updates. Even my device shows AT&T logo when I turn off/On the device. Can someone please help how to reconfigure these settings to normal?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.3K Messages

2 months ago

There is nothing wrong with the settings and until you insert another valid SIM card from a major carrier, the phone will show settings for AT&T.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

@lizdance40: I am already using a different sim but nothing changed. Even the factory reset didn't work.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

2 months ago

she said MAJOR carrier.  That means Tmobile ATT or Verizon

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

@Glimmerman76: Yeah,I got that. But right now I am staying out of US and using one of the major Indian Sim carriers. But why this would happen on a unlocked device ?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

2 months ago

The us versions automatically switch carriers.

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

But not sure why my device is still stuck with AT&T. This is not allowing me to get the updates. It is still running on Android 9. Just disappointed happening this to a completely unlocked device :-( . Any suggestions to make the settings default will be really helpful and appreciated. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

2 months ago

You need it to auto switch to Verizon or T-Mobile.  But you need US Sims for those 

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Okay so there is no way of getting this done with an Indian sim card? I thought some sort of reset or R&D will help me get rid of this. There is no way AT&T can reset from their end?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.3K Messages

2 months ago

Nope.  You are not connected to AT&T, which is the only way to receive updates. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Get started...

Ask a new question