The Samsung Galaxy S24
Cheekitout's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 26th, 2019 6:08 PM

My AT&T wifi calling says "please try to set up wifi calling again later."

I have been unable to use my wifi calling since April 9th. Everytime i try to turn it on, it says, "please try to set up wifi calling again later." It was working fine the day before and months before that. Ive conducted a reset of all stored wifi connections and that didnt help. Does anyone know how i could fix this on my S8?

I have called AT&T 3 times for the same issue in the past 2/3 weeks and i received the same resolution. That they will contact advance tech and they will contact me within 24-48 hrs, but that never happens.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I ended up getting what was supposed to be a new phone (instead it was
restored) and spent SIX HOURS on live chat trying to get the wifi calling
to work. It still does not. Had to pay $112 for the "new" phone that still
does not work. Demanding my money back, and my last month's bill credited
since I haven't been able to use wifi calling. Switching to another company
today. I've had enough.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

FAST FORWARD...its OCTOBER.. MONTH 3 NO WIFI and now i point out its a SAFETY ISSUE !!!

WIFI calling helps identify 9-1-1 location...they need to deal with this, expressing  concern that what if my kids call 9-1-1 and they cant be located?

So 2+ Hrs later i ended up in LOYALTY...get this...

one told me...."why do you need WIFI calling..." i pointed out the 9-1-1 issue

they said..."you need to upgrade, and we can help you upgrade and will give you a discount on a new iphone..."

I really hate to leave AT&T....but im starting to have little to no choice...sure hope one of my kids wont need 9-1-1 in the meantime

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I don't have anything to help, just wanted to say I'm in the same boat. AT&T blew me off so I went to my internet company and got a new router. Wifi calling worked for a glorious 5 days until going down again. Sigh. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same issue with my daughter's phone.  I finally get to a manager and she doesn't speak English any better than the previous 3 individuals I spoke with, has me go through the same steps the previous "advanced tech support" person did with no change.  I also stated to all 4 people that I've already done what they have asked me to do.  The 3rd literally told me that he had to go through every troubleshooting step on his screen before he would escalate my issue.  The manager I spoke with told me it would be escalated and someone from network support would call me back in 24-48 hours. She also read me some blanket message about random androids experiencing this issue after a software update.  It was as if this was their final response to a question they can't answer. I asked to speak to her manager and she assured me that she was a manager.  I again asked to speak to her boss.  I was then put on hold for at least the 10th time in almost 2 hours for her to come back and tell me that no one was available and that my issue was escalated and someone would call me back.  I should mention that this is occurring a week after AT and T had to change my daughter's month old cell phone number because she was receiving spam messages at an uncontrollable rate that then turned into lude and explicit texts and death threats...they wanted to charge me to change her number.  I mentioned Verizon and suddenly I was issued a new number that had been out of circulation for over 2 years and was not charged.  My daughter is 10 and has a phone with parental controls and yet this still this happens and they respond by wanting to charge me.  VERIZON will be my next stop.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

thank you for this...

im tired of the HOMERS out there, who CLICK the 'SOLUTION ACCEPT' when this is NOT SOLVED for SO MANY OF US.

its irritating to get condescending people that think we are not as technical as them, claiming this is an INDIVIDUAL problem...and we DONT know what we are talking about

WHY can this NOT BE corrected?

WHY can we not get DECENT customer service?

and if i hear 1 more time my PHONE is the issue....

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

My Wifi calling is only non-functional at my house, which is almost even
worse. AT&T can say it's my ISP Frontier, and Frontier can say it's AT&T.
It's been torture trying to talk to BOTH of them, because they both have
absolutely dreadful customer service. I've kind of just given up.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Disabling my VPN worked for me

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I honestly don't know if I have one. Pretty sure I don't. I have tried
monkeying around with thr settings in my router based on what the internet
told me to do but no luck.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

I'm not behind a VPN...but Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I finally fixed the "no WIFI calling" problem on our Samsung S5s after hours chatting with ATT to no avail.  I think this may be a problem for lots of people.  Here it is.  In the ATT listing of what you need to do wifi calling they say you need an account provisioned for HD voice BUT !!! nowhere in the  documentation of how to make it work on the phone do they tell you that the phone must have HD voice enabled too.  Among all those crazy menus somewhere you will find "Enhanced LTE Services" - that must be enabled.  Would help if ATT told you that!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.