For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Cheekitout's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 26th, 2019 6:08 PM

My AT&T wifi calling says "please try to set up wifi calling again later."

I have been unable to use my wifi calling since April 9th. Everytime i try to turn it on, it says, "please try to set up wifi calling again later." It was working fine the day before and months before that. Ive conducted a reset of all stored wifi connections and that didnt help. Does anyone know how i could fix this on my S8?

I have called AT&T 3 times for the same issue in the past 2/3 weeks and i received the same resolution. That they will contact advance tech and they will contact me within 24-48 hrs, but that never happens.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have a Samsung Galaxy Express Prime 3 on AT&T prepaid. Wifi calling has never worked on this phone, until yesterday. I always got the same message "please try to setup wi-fi calling again later". AT&T tech support could not resolve the issue by phone, including a network settings reset. I had heard that this could be a SIM card issue. The wifi calling on my girlfriend's AT&T prepaid LG phone works fine, so I tried putting her SIM card into my phone and immediately wifi calling worked on my phone! I thought I would then need to go to an AT&T store to get a new SIM card but when I put my old SIM card back in, the wifi calling continued to work! I think this may have something to do with the emergency 911 address that is stored on the SIM card. When I put my girlfriends card into my phone and went to setup wifi calling, her address came up for 911 emergencies. When I put my orginal SIM card back in and turned on wifi calling, an unknown/unrelated address from a different state came up. I changed it to my current address and wifi calling continues to work fine.

Scholar

• 

156 Messages

I'd bet that the action of swapping Sims (twice) triggered a full reprovision of the handset from the network (twice) which updated settings that configure the phone for use on the att network.

Fairly confident that the sim doesn't store the 911 address, rather its the PPU address on the network, but it's possible.

Any others having trouble with wifi calling could try another active Sim, and then return to their own Sim, and give wifi calling a try.

Curious if you ever tried a full wipe and factory reset of the phone in an attempt to get wifi calling working.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I found this somewhere on-line today and it worked for my AT&T Note 10+5G:

Turn phone off

Remove SIM card

Turn phone on

Reset network

Turn phone off

Replace SIM card

Turn phone on

Turn on WIFI Calling

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

2021 and people are still having WIFI connection issues with brand new phones that use AT&T towers.  I have Consumer Cellular which uses AT&T towers.  Same problem.  Brand new phones, all updates, through the provider that uses AT&T, local tower is AT&T, but can't get wifi connected on our brand new 5G Android Samsung Galaxy phones.  Total misery, terrible that these issues have not been resolved by now. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

no trying to set a printer to my computer. what is my wifi network name and password

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Is wifi calling available for the Moto g play? I have never been able to get it to turn on. This is a freshly/newly activated prepaid phone with the 30$ month plan. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.