Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Apr 26, 2019 6:08 PM

My AT&T wifi calling says "please try to set up wifi calling again later."

I have been unable to use my wifi calling since April 9th. Everytime i try to turn it on, it says, "please try to set up wifi calling again later." It was working fine the day before and months before that. Ive conducted a reset of all stored wifi connections and that didnt help. Does anyone know how i could fix this on my S8?

I have called AT&T 3 times for the same issue in the past 2/3 weeks and i received the same resolution. That they will contact advance tech and they will contact me within 24-48 hrs, but that never happens.

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

What l am Being told, the Samsung Galaxy s7 is programmed carrier specific. Therefore, even if unlocked, it has residual communication with the original provider program. Even though it is unlocked, some of the original programming remains and almost daily communicates and rejects programs that are carrier specific. You can put the SIM card in a phone purchased from the carrier you are using, set up wifi calling, then put in your socalled unlocked phone, and wifi calling will work until the phone communicates with the original provider/carrier,  usually about 4AM daily. Then you have to repeat the process which is the pits! Carriers should not be able to advertise bring your own phone as long as they allow residual settings in phones.  

lindros2

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

3 months ago

do you have AT&T internet?

Mine was broken; just switched (back) to my (still working) Comcast box, and WiFi calling is fine.

This is an AT&T Fiber issue.

• 

1 Message

a month ago

when I try to enable wifi calling it says that I must contact at&t??

Rscarol

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

a month ago

Make sure you are able to place a call over cellular and that you see LTE or 5Ge. If your voice call over cellular is routed over 3G, 4G, UMTS, WCDMA, GSM, or anything other than the LTE network chances are your line is not provisioned for VoLTE, HDVoice or WiFi calling. But if they ask you to backup, wipe, and reset your phone - you need to do that. There are settings that can get messed up that aren't visible or changeable from the phone or the network. Wiping it zeros it all out so it can be preprogrammed automatically by the network..

• 

1 Message

a month ago

Similar problems. I had the 00080 error with my S8, but only after going into the store to get my visual voicemail to work. It had worked fine for months up until that day. The account had still said that my line had a iphone 6s on it, and switching that over to reflect the s8 fixed the voicemail but seemed to break the wifi calling. I've tried to enable it in several different states and maybe even canada, but nothing. I went in yesterday to get it looked at and wound up upgrading to a s10+ (I'm a pushover). But still no wifi calling, and a new error of 00060. I don't really know what to do from here.