Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
A

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 31st, 2020 10:35 PM

Closed

MMS Messages failing to download on Prepaid Plan

I have an AT and T prepaid plan, but no data plan.  I have used this plan without issue for at least three years.  In the past month or so, some (but not all) of the mms messages (picture messages and group messages) show up as "New multimedia message.  Receive?" and then when I hit "download" it fails and I get prompted to "retry."  No matter how many times I hit "retry" or "download" it still fails.  Restarting the phone doesn't help.  This happens regardless of whether I am hooked up to wireless or just on the AT and T Network.  I just got a new phone from AT and T today (LG Phoenix 5) and it did not resolve the issue.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

3 years ago

MMS not working

Sound familiar?

”After receiving the last update, my phone will no longer receive mms messages. The same goes with group messages. I receive a download button instead of a message and it will not download."

You have a device designed to use data, but have none.  Because phones are changing, and networks are data driven, you’ll find your forced to connect to data in the future to operate your phone.   
    Especially If SMS service becomes RCS (rich communication service).   RCS is a more secure form of messaging service, but it requires data. This is a standard that all android phones are moving toward.   

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just called customer support and they had me reset the settings on the device and then said they would call back.  They never called me back.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I also cannot receive mixed media messages sent from some iPhones.  I also have contacted support and was unable to resolve this.  Is there an issue with my phone, all of AT&T, or something in my local network?

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Mine hasn’t been working for months.  Call and no solutions call again have to hold for what seems to be forever. We need answers. I’m thinking of switching to a different carrier I have been with AT&T over 25 years and this is the treatment we get!

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I called AT&T again, no answers they told me to go to the AT&T store to get a new SIM card. I went to the store was treated like (Edited per community guidelines) by the employee I think because I have a prepaid plan, he acted like I knew nothing told me I needed data, never had it, told me I changed my plan 2 months ago, never did, would not give me a SIM card and walked away. Do you think AT&T customer service even gave a crap...  (Edited per community guidelines) no. They can’t even fix this problem let alone there employees. This is getting so old so fast I am misssing a lot of important things as I am sure everyone else is 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.