Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
igranado's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 20th, 2015 6:14 PM

Messaging for avail 2 stopped working

Last night I recieved a message that was only sent one time from the sender. I recieved the message countless times and now my messages seem to take about 30 minutes to receive because I keep getting other messages. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @igranado

I’d be happy to help with your messaging! The first thing we’ll try is allowing the device to disconnect from the network. To do so, simply enable Airplane mode by sliding down the notification bar at the top of the screen. Tap the Airplane icon to turn it blue. Leave this one for at least one minute, then turn the device off and back on. Turn Airplane mode off. Next, send a text message to 151 with the word TEST. You should receive a reply.

If messaging is still affected, I would recommend backing up your device information and perform a factory reset to clear any software issues which are causing this repeated messaging problem. For a guide on both backing up and the factory reset, check out our Device How To Center! Simply ensure your device is showing in the top left corner, then choose the following options from the Device Instructions list:

1. Backup & Restore > Backup & Restore with memory card

1. Troubleshooting > Reset device

I hope this helps!

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.