ATTKevin

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

Thu, May 12, 2016 9:52 PM

Marshmallow Updates & Discussion

Android Marshmallow.PNG

Hi Everyone!

After seeing all of the discussion around Marshmallow (and observing how spread out it is), I thought it would be a great idea to create a dedicated place for us as the mobility community team to share the information we have.

Anyone is welcome to join in the conversation; all I ask is (as a personal favor) we keep the conversation civil. We want to get you the information and updates as much as you want them. I think that's fair 🙂

Keep reading to see all news, updates, timelines, and anything else we have to share. This is a living post, so check back often!

1 Attachment

Responses

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Where from? If you can say.

Thanks,

Mike

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

cant say on these forums since its against the TOS.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Any word on the Galaxy Note 5 marshmallow update?
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Jj8279 wrote:

Any word about the S5?

I thought this was supposed to be included with the S6 launch?

@Jj8279

The s5 is still TBD

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00036623/997495262/

Capture.PNG

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

please note that Enhanced LTE must be on for video calling to work...

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/video-calling.html

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Do you have a date with the update for the edge plus?

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

i have a question how do you use the video calling feature that was put on there ..the ubdate didnt remove keeper are anything

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

i did that an what else ..

Scholar

• 

394 Messages

5 years ago

Well if been with AT&T that long you should be use to them with their Slow Update process.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Great that the Marshmallow updates have finally been released for the
Galaxy S 6 (G920A)   When will they be released for the S6 Active SM-G890A ?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Will they bring Marshmallow to the s5?  Some carriers in the US (mainly T-mobile) have went on record as saying that they will be pushing to s5's but I do not yet see any confirmation or denial of this from AT&T.  My s5 is less than a year old and has already had to been replaced once for failed hardware.  I want to know if I should expect an update to Marshmallow or if I should be lloking for a new phone and possibly new carrier if they aren't updating this practically new phone that we spent upwards of 550 dollars on.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

5 years ago

@dirtycar74

saying a 3 generation old phone is new is a far stretch.

as for the update.  This is right off samsungs website.

Capture.PNG

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

When will The Galaxy S5 get the Android 6 "Marshmallow" update?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Still no update for my HTC one m8 ?

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Updated samsung s6 last night. When I unlock my phone with a pattern, I'm now getting a box pop up saying "Unfortunately Fingerprint has stopped." Going into Settings, tapping Fingerprint, verifying with my pattern to unlock causes another pop up box to say "Unfortately Settings has stopped."

Is there a fix to this? I cannot make any changes in Settings to the Lock/Unlock feature, and I do not want to have to reset my phone, but this fingerprint box popping up every time I have to unlock my phone is going to get really annoying after a time.

Get started...

Ask a new question