Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sat, Mar 19, 2016 9:36 PM

Marshmallow Update

When will the marshmallow update be out for the galaxy s6 edge and the galaxy note 5 been hearing rumors of the note 5 update out as of March 14 but every time I check for the update I get nothing. Anyone get it????

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

4 years ago

It's a mute point since Samsung signed the bootloader sold on all the s7's and LG did the same with the g5. We may see root but custom roms will be a thing of the past on USA s7's. The euro s7 with exynos can be rooted and rommed.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Anthony31

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

@glimmerman It's moot. Mute point.. XD *thumbs up*

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

4 years ago

IM WAITING ON NOTE 5 ..UPDATE I HAVE A S6 EDGE BUT I DO NOT USE IT FOR THE SCREEN IS TO SMALL ,,

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

4 years ago

oh yea it doesnt remove keeper on the edge .. are fb messenger

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

4 years ago

"Nothing happened" is a bit nebulous.  Do you mean it did not install?  Install failed?  Or were you expecting some earth moving change in appearance of the OS that didn't happen for you?

Please be more specific.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Exactly when is this update coming to the 6 Edge+???? Why is this taking so long? By the time the update gets here the 8 Edge will be out. This is extremely frustrating especially seeing literally everyone else and every other service provider push the update. Hurry up!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It is absolutely ridiculous how long we are forced to wait for updates! Matter of fact it makes you wonder if it's not intentional? Think about it... How many people their getting to buy and reup that two year contract. Not everyone is dead set on waiting for certain phone. Like I'm a Note user and have been since the 2. Currently on the 5...I can almost guarantee you that if we do get Marshmallow before the release of the Note 6? It will be within the month maybe before...it's really sad. I love AT&T as a carrier. I've been a customer total of 14yrs. Ten of those with four lines running. Service (in my area anyhow) is great! Customer Care (as long as it's not warranty issues) awesome! But when it comes to updates... smh. It's extremely out of their caring for the customer policy. I know what it takes to get this done, it's a massive undertaking! But they should have the people and the power to get these updates rolled out to the respective phones (like the newest back, not vice versa) in a timely manner. Their losing so many customers to people buying unlocked devices and going with 3rd party carriers. Not just AT&T, Verizon, Sprint etc... Their all losing customers. You would think they would be striving to keep their customers happy? Idk..but it looks like I'll be owning the Note 6 to see Marshmallow and if it is all it is hyped up to be...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Any word on the Note 5 marshmallow update? I received a large update a couple of days ago but it did not include marshmallow.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

6 edge plus still hasn't received this update. Do they think that we would just get a newer phone? I know they read these so it seems like they care more about the money than the customers.
Mandroid

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

4 years ago

I'm wondering exactly the same thing. It's been out on the S6 for a bit now (albeit woefully late). Why can't they get the NOTE 5 working?????????? What is so hard about this for AT&T?

keke1994

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

My point exactly it should be the same thing for the first update then go from there.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

If the Note 5 isn't updated soon I will break the 5 lines I have with AT&T and move everyone over to unlocked phones.  While I love the Note series I'm tired of waiting on AT&T to get things done.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Nexus 6p. Replaced my note 5 with it. No bloat ware

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

I was told today by a rep at AT&T that they are still in negotiations with google on the software for the note 5. seems a little shady of a reason, ive also been told that they had to send it back to beta because they are having problems with it, then i have gotten told that is shoule be out any day now.. so 3 different answers from 3 different reps.. its insane

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I've been looking at the 6P, but knowing a new version is coming out I've not made a purchase yet...  

Get started...

Ask a new question