ATTKevin

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

Fri, Apr 29, 2016 5:26 PM

Marshmallow Update - LG G3 (D850)

Android Marshmallow.PNG

Hello Community!

Effective April 27th, 2016, an AT&T approved Android Marshmallow update is availible for LG's G3 (D850).

1 Attachment

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We're having the same issue with the phone going into an endless reboot.  Like most people it started after the last update, which by the way we did not initiate. We swapped batteries, did the reset and everything else but it did not resolve the issue.  We spoke to LG and AT&T and despite telling them that this appears to be a common problem, the reaction has been they have not seen or heard of this issue.  The phone is just past the one year warranty date and we are on the NEXT plan, so we're basically have to pay to get out of this phone or find another carrier.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am an AT&T customer (GoPhone) and the phone will not update. Every day it says it is up-to-date, but it's still on Android 5. This is pushing me to consider leaving AT&T. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm the same person above who was considering leaving AT&T (couldn't remember my password).

After hours on the support line without being able to get the phone to update, AT&T finally told me to go to one of the device support centers (a specially designated store where they offer technical support).

I went to the store and they were unable to update the phone. A company that cannot update its own badged phone for one of its own customers doesn't deserve my money. I'm changing to another carrier that respects me.

Goodbye.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi kevin My name is sharad i am from india I baught this phone LGG3 D850 from USA and bring it to india its refurbish phone I am looking for OTA update daily but its shows phone is up to date I am having many issues with android 5.1 Its crash many time and battery is biggest issue Kindly help me and tell me how to get 85030 update in my phone. Kindly provide KDZ file for update Thanks
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

ATT does not provide update files or update phones not connected to the att network.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Dear kevin,

I purchased an LG G3 D850 unlocked AT & T brand running Android 4.4.2 KITKAT. I'm trying to upgrade to the latest OS but both via OTA that of LG PC Suite tells me that this is the latest update available. Then the display will last update available with status not updated. how should I do? I receive further Android updates? I live in Italy thanks Paul

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

@paolo73 wrote:

Dear kevin,

I purchased an LG G3 D850 unlocked AT & T brand running Android 4.4.2 KITKAT. I'm trying to upgrade to the latest OS but both via OTA that of LG PC Suite tells me that this is the latest update available. Then the display will last update available with status not updated. how should I do? I receive further Android updates? I live in Italy thanks Paul

@paolo73

you will get no updates because your not in the united states connected to the ATT network.  SO your stuck with 4.4.2

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
glen88

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

4 years ago

Has anyone else not received the marshmallow update yet?..I just got a 205mb update for something but NO 6.0 update 😔

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

upfate

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hy kevin please help me my Lg G3 D850 At&t have android version 4.4.2 and ts showing its up to date please i realy need android 6 how and where can i get it please help me

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

So does that mean lg At&t versions are only made for americans? Thats not good @paolo

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Then how do you connect yourself ti the ATT network @GLIMMERMAN76

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My phone won't update

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

hello brother , am not america to use AT&T service so i am not able to login to at&t . am in europe and am using d850 with 4.4.2 i have tried different firmware and got error so please help me to update lg g3 d850

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

i'm out from USA ... and can't update ota.....how can update then ??..i'm still with Kitkat

Get started...

Ask a new question