ATTKevin

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

Fri, Apr 29, 2016 5:26 PM

Marshmallow Update - LG G3 (D850)

Android Marshmallow.PNG

Hello Community!

Effective April 27th, 2016, an AT&T approved Android Marshmallow update is availible for LG's G3 (D850).

1 Attachment

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi All,

I am surprised to see that no body has posted about the nightmarish wifi connectivity issues which seem to plague the G3 on Marshmallow. I cleared cache, factory reset etc. with no effect. The phone just does its own thing, restarts every few mins, heats up like a little piece of coal, drains battery in less than an hour. I was much happier with Lollipop, this has basically made my phone and expensive paper weight.

Has anyone fixed these issues on 6.0? Could you help a poor soul out?

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am also using the LG G3 D850 and still don't have the option to update.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have an even bigger problem since updating to the latest firmware version on my Lg G3 D850. Soon after installing the latest version of Marshmallow on my phone it just goes into an endless reboot and won't stay on unless plugged into a power outlet. Doing some research online this latest update seems to have messed up many people's phone. I have even tried a new battery with no success and have even factory reset the phone. This phone is now useless and is a total waste of money now.  I don't know why these updates come out without being 100% tested. I hope there is a fix for this issue and SOON  because this is a total inconvenience. I doubt this issue will even be looked at since this is an older phone but I can still wish can't I ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issue with my LG G3, after the latest update (actually D85030L, not K, which I assume Voyager also updated to, since it was so recent) my phone is completely unreliable unplugged from the wall.  I purchased a new battery and still have issues.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Still no fix for this boot loop issue?   Not surprising

RhodesMan

ACE - Guru

• 

884 Messages

4 years ago

I think the only option left will be to flash the offical LG firmware for your phone.

I cant go into details here, but Google "LG G3 Stock Firmware kdz" 

Be aware that this will erase all user data and get your phone back to stock.

This should only be tried as a last resort and is not an official recommendation by AT&T.

Another option, depending on where you are located, is to go into an AT&T device support center and to get them to reflash the firmware for you.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@ATTKevin my phone has started to glich out. The screen comes on like 15% of the time and when it does come on it starts to fade out until it is black. The screen is not cracked or damaged in any way. The screen flickers on and off and then fades to black and I can no longer use it. Of course I am out of warranty of it as I have had it since March 10, 2015. I am upset with this and would like to know what I can do to fix it or have it replaced.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Sir i am from pakistan, i have lg g3 D850 how can i update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow? I am unable to get update via OTA.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

Nope you have to be in the united States to get updates.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Posted Aug 4, 2016 5:19:33 PM
View profile MOKAONLY87Contributor
New LG G3 Bricked by AT&T OTA update

AT&T pushed LG's update and my phone is now bricked into the endless boot loop and blue screen of death. Troubleshooted the device and AT&T and LG have both blamed each other for the disaster. LG is also claiming they have no knowledge of any issues with the LG G3 past or current. I have spent 5 hours between the two companys today on the phone. This seems to be an issue with multiple g3's from AT&T and other carriers. Please help I need a new phone

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I just bought a LG D850 At&T, My software is 4.4.2 , whenever I try to upgrade it says I am runing the latest software and there is no update for me. 
Please help me I am in Pakistan, so I don't have an AT&T sim card. How can I upgrade to Marshmallow?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

IF i were you guys i would all flash back to stock 4.4.2 and take OTA'S until the desired OS then freeze the software update process so i wouldnt have to worry about waking up to a new possibly locked bootloader and OS.

here ya go: {Inappropriate content removed}

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It doesn't work when you have AT&T phone (LG G3 D850) using cricket wireless. I am not seeing any update. Online forum says that you must need to have active AT&T sim card to make it work. Please remove such constraints and make it available for all.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Its September 2nd 2016, and i still cannot update my LG G3 to Marshmallow ....why?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

@LinMil

see this post as your not a att customer or us resident your not going to get updates. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/PLEASE-READ-IF-YOUR-NOT-A-ATT-CUSTOMER-AND-ARE-LOOKING-FOR-PHONE/m-p/4908344#M77164

Get started...

Ask a new question