ATTKevin

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

Fri, Apr 29, 2016 5:26 PM

Marshmallow Update - LG G3 (D850)

Android Marshmallow.PNG

Hello Community!

Effective April 27th, 2016, an AT&T approved Android Marshmallow update is availible for LG's G3 (D850).

1 Attachment

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Yea, that failed. I could try it without restoring my previous apps, but then I will be playing roulette as I add them back on which one will be the one to cause the crashing, crashing that wasn't happening before the update. AT&T, I need restitution, as this issue is keeping me from doing my job correctly.

RhodesMan

ACE - Guru

• 

885 Messages

4 years ago

Moondog,

If you're saying that you can get the phone to boot normally but it only goes into a bootloop when your apps are restored then its an app incompatibility issue.

You will have a tough time getting any restitution from AT&T when it's something that you are installing that's causing the issue even if it did work with the previous version of Android.

I also have an app that's not playing nice after the M upgrade. I have emailed the developer of the app. to ask for a fix. As much of a pain as it would be, if you should identify which of your apps is causing this and do the same.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I ran into the same problem a few days ago. Removing the storage permission is a fix, but it prevents you from selecting unique ringtones for a contact. Not a huge problem, but definitely a bug.
RhodesMan

ACE - Guru

• 

885 Messages

4 years ago

Jeff,

I am trying to simulate the bug you are finding.

I have storage selected in the contacts app (everything is selected)

Unique ringtones are working and I am not finding any crashes.

I see a new setting under sounds and notification "Ringtone ID" which I have left off.

I also resolved not being able to turn on data during a call by setting Enhanced 4G LTE Services to on in the mobile data menu under mobile networks in the data manager.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Actually, that was a one-time thing. Another try of factory reset isn't even getting out of the reboot loop. If a factory reset actually worked once, then it should work again, which it's not. This is not good.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My LG 3 was updated on 4/29 and since then it has not worked properly.

1. using the camera would make the phone shut off automatically

2. battery would be at 50-60% the phone would automatically shut off and restart and come back with only 4%

3. the phone now shuts off and won't come back on it will just blink the LG screen over and over, if you plug it in, then it will come on but as soon as you unplug it, it turns off and then begins blinking the LG screen again

4. I have went to 2 AT&T locations, one told me to upgrade to a better phone, which would include paying the remaining balance on my next plan, submit an insurance claim but they would probably send me the same phone with the same issues or go to the nearest DSC and get it reflashed.

5. Was on the phone with Tech support for 2.5 hours backing up my phone and then doing a factory reset, then another one and yet another and still the same result.  flashing the lg screen.

6. spoke to someone on the chat support he sent me a battery

7. at the 2nd AT&T location, they told me my phone looked as if it was a software issue but they could't help me, to just upgrade it or file a claim but they couldn't help me with that, i would need to upload affidavits to prove who I am.

8. Now that i have an appointment with the DSC, i'm a little nervous to even go, because at this point, i'm so frustrated with this "NO HELP' that i want to cancel everything and go back to the old school phones, since I am now a proud owner of a LG 3 Lan line phone due to the fact it is dependent on the charger to even power up.

so if there is anyone that could tell me how to fix this issue, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Did the update and was getting hot while updating.  Worked for a couple of days and not since.  Mine won't even power up. Tried a new battery, no use for two days with battery removed as well.  Not good when my NEXT comntract hasn't expired.  AT&T and LG may have lost a customer over this one.  Have been with them 5-6 years and had 2-4 LG phones  but will definitely be looking at other carriers and phone makers when the contract expires.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Is anyone else having diffulculty playing videos after the update? Before the update, I was able to watch any movie/video/tv show from several different places(facebook/yooutube/amazon video). Now I can't even get a facebook or youtube video to play. This is really frustrating. I have tried playing vids both in app and through chrome.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

hi i have an at&t lg g3 unlocked and living in trinidad and tobago using another carrier would i still recieve the update?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Well, it's June 4, 2016 and my phone still says there's no update available and the chat here and the in-person staff in the store are no help at all.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

@ChumpChange Your using the phone on att?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Anyone know where I can download the D85030k stock ROM so I can install manually??? I live in the UK and updates NEVER get pushed to my phone via OTA...

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

@kirky2k2

There is no place to get it.  ATT does not release there ota's to non ATT customers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi everyone. I have a lg g3 d850 and I can not upgrade to Marshmallow . My g3 is still in the original version of the system 4.4.2 Kit Kat . When I enter the tab to check updates as indicated in the procedure , says there are no updates available . Can someone help me?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My G3 is an ATT model D850 but I have Cricket as my carrier. I have not received the update as of yet. Its very frustrating to be missing out. I manualy check it still says it has the latest update (lollipop).  Is there anything I can do to get the update that isnt OTA ?

Get started...

Ask a new question