ATTKevin

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

Fri, Apr 29, 2016 5:26 PM

Marshmallow Update - LG G3 (D850)

Android Marshmallow.PNG

Hello Community!

Effective April 27th, 2016, an AT&T approved Android Marshmallow update is availible for LG's G3 (D850).

1 Attachment

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

@tim horton

call and make sure your imei is right...  It can hold up the update...  if your get teir 2 support they can force the update.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I also did the download on my G3 and wish I knew more about it before I did.  I didn't want all my settings changed.  My clock for my quick circle case is no longer digital. My talk to text is gone.  If I wanted to learn a new phone, I would've bought a new phone.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

@michlrai wrote:

I also did the download on my G3 and wish I knew more about it before I did.  I didn't want all my settings changed.  My clock for my quick circle case is no longer digital. My talk to text is gone.  If I wanted to learn a new phone, I would've bought a new phone.

@michlrai

with every new version of android something changes...  Its just how it works apple is the same way.  The only difference here is you have no choice but to download.  If you reject the update 3 times the 4th time it will install on its own.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I want my old home screen back. I had the option at the start but I decided to try out the new one now I can't find a way back.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Aces! Thank you!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

That auto-reboot feature is amazing. Send a text, Reboot your phone! Presto! Click a link, Reboot your phone! And the Battery sucking feature is beyond belief, 59% to 14% in 1 minute! That calls for another reboot.

So the solution is a Factory Reset?

Clogged Kitchen sink? Just burn down the house, problem solved.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Smiley Very Happy

After the upgrade I had terrible battery drain. To correct this I did NOT perform a factory reset. I just cleared the cache and the battery drain issue went away. You may want to try this first.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I used the Smart Cleaning feature in settings to clear Temporary files and Idle apps. I don't know if this is the same as clearing the cache but my next move was texting my girlfriend which of course precipitated a reboot.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

To wipe all app cache, follow these steps:

1. From the home screen, tap Apps.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Select the General tab.
  4. Tap Storage.
  5. Wait for menu options to finish calculating.
  6. Tap Cached data, then tap OK.

Then reboot and see if you have any better luck.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Do you have to do clear the cache and reboot every time? It's quite annoying to have to do these steps after the phone spontaneously reboots for whatever reason to make sure everything loads. This update has made my phone much more unstable than it was previously.

lcalle

Guru

• 

629 Messages

4 years ago

@MoondogKP wrote:

This update has made my phone much more unstable than it was previously.

See y'all, this is why it pays to "(do) more testing than any other carrier." Doesn't excuse them taking this long on the majority of their devices, but still.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Well, I thought this forum helped me out and made my phone stable again, but now it's a brick, stuck in a continuous reboot. AT&T rep at the store called LG, who basically said they won't do anything for me since the phone is out of warranty. I'll try to call back myself and try for a resolution that keeps me in business.

RhodesMan

ACE - Guru

• 

885 Messages

4 years ago

For a G3 stuck in a boot loop this procedure has helped others:-

Remove the battery and wait for about a minute, insert the battery back into the phone, press the power button AND the volume down button together, as soon as you see the LG logo appear quickly release the power button and re press it immediately, DON'T LET GO OF THE VOLUME KEY! As soon as you see the factory reset screen appear you can release both buttons. Now use the volume key only to select the option to reset and press the power button to say yes and that should do it.

If not, then there is also a routine using the LG PC suite that is a little more complicated but if all esle fails then it may be worth a try.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

For those of you having trouble viewing, editing, or adding anyone in contacts after the Marshmallow upgrade, Please try the following: Go into settings, select apps, select contacts, select permissions, then deselect storage. This should fix the problem. I was ready to brick my phone until I found this out. Hope this helps someone who was as frustrated as I was.... Good luck!

Get started...

Ask a new question