ATTKevin

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

Fri, Apr 29, 2016 5:26 PM

Marshmallow Update - LG G3 (D850)

Android Marshmallow.PNG

Hello Community!

Effective April 27th, 2016, an AT&T approved Android Marshmallow update is availible for LG's G3 (D850).

1 Attachment

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Have you done a factory reset?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

Have you cleared your cache? Also the battery could be bad. There is no way to go backwards once the new bootloader was flashed.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
tim horton

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

4 years ago

Something can cause LG G3 to run very hot. GPS is one of them and there are other things as well but I can't pin point what they are. A few weeks ago, my phone decided to run hot, I was using Google map navigation in the car, I have a 2A charger, it was discharging faster than charging. After I finishing driving, I turned off Google map and unplugged the charger, the phone was hot to touch for a long time. Eventually I had to shut down the phone. After a few days, without doing anything, the phone was back to running cool again. All the above was when I was running Android 5.0.1.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having trouble with contacts app closing when I select groups

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks to all for the input. I did not do a factory reset but after reading the suggestion I cleared the cache and that seems to have had a very positive impact on the battery life (at least it seems to be as good as it was before the software update). Also the phone is not heating up like it was previously. Will test it out over the course of the week (use GPS and Bluetooth daily) and see how it goes.

Thanks again for the help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Anyone else upset with this mandatory update that has completely changed my LG G3? Very difficult to find where everything went and settings have now changed on phone. Not a happy camper.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

@LarsWayne wrote:
Anyone else upset with this mandatory update that has completely changed my LG G3? Very difficult to find where everything went and settings have now changed on phone. Not a happy camper.

welcome to the android os update cycle.  You wont have to worry this is the last os update you will get on the G3 as its approaching the 2 year mark.  You should still get security patches but who knows.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lcalle

Guru

• 

629 Messages

4 years ago

@LarsWayne

Every smartphone has to deal with these updates.  Even Apple.  Granted Apple doesn't completely change the look of their OS that often, but they do on occasion.  Honestly, I think that's part of the fun of getting a major update, playing around with the device afterword and seeing what's different.  

Voyager

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

@AttTTKevinCS. How can i uninstall this update? I am not happy about it. My phone worked great before it now my battery wont last 6 hours even if i dont use my phone. I have not made any other changes or downloads since i updated. I cant control what apps i receive notifications for, when i send a MMS text it wont keep the text with the picture, it breaks it up into 2 messages. I believe this is all done purposely to frustrate owners of older model phones and "force" them to upgrade.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Ctrex19 wrote:
@AttTTKevinCS. How can i uninstall this update? I am not happy about it. My phone worked great before it now my battery wont last 6 hours even if i dont use my phone. I have not made any other changes or downloads since i updated. I cant control what apps i receive notifications for, when i send a MMS text it wont keep the text with the picture, it breaks it up into 2 messages. I believe this is all done purposely to frustrate owners of older model phones and "force" them to upgrade.

@Ctrex19

clear your cache.....  Also updates cant be removed.  The bootloader changed on the phone.  If you flash older firmware you will brick the phone.  Also remember ATT owns the software not you..  Its just licenced to you and the TOS says they can change it.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

4 years ago

@LG_G3_4now

Just get in the habit of clearing your cache after any software update on android.  It will save you headaches later on.  Glad you got it sorted out.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Installed the update a few days ago. Overall, it's awesome!

... but every time I try to view a contact, I see a huge video calling dialog pop up for a split second, then contacts crashes. Every time.

Is this a known issue? I've cleared my cache, and made sure I was facing magnetic north... still no luck.

Thanks,

-Jeff

RhodesMan

ACE - Guru

• 

884 Messages

4 years ago

Jeff,

It must be some quirk on your phone.

Mine is not doing it.

What I have found though is that if I am on a call I can no longer turn on data if I want to look up something on the web or download mail while talking. If data is already enabled it will work fine while on a call.

Otherwise I am enjoying the update.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I've tracked down the specific cause:

• If I give Contacts permission to access storage, it'll crash when I look at a detail page.

• If I turn off Storage permissions, then no crash.

You can check this permission on the detail page by looking at RINGTONE and NOTIFICATION SOUND: both will say "No permissions. tap to allow."

So.... no custom ringtones for me until this is fixed. 😞

-Jeff

tim horton

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

4 years ago

I have been checking the update every 24 hrs for days now. Still getting the software is current message.

Get started...

Ask a new question