Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Aug 13, 2016 3:29 PM

Make calls from my tablet

I want to make calls from my LG tablet and it's not allowing me to do it telling me that I have to activate an account on AT&T. I have an active account but it just won't let me make phone calls from my tablet what do I do?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

4 years ago

Tablets are data only devices, your sim is not provisioned to use the cellular network for calls. The only way for you to make calls is to use some kind of voice over ip app or service such as skype. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Why does it have a phone number and a calling icon then

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

69.5K Messages

4 years ago

All devices have a number.  Phones, tablets, smart watches and mobile hotspots.  Only phone's are able to talk and text with the number assigned.  Thenothers are data only.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.