Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
gdibari's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 1st, 2016 9:30 PM

Lost phone

Hello There,

Unfortunately, I cannot find my phone anywhere. I had just refilled my sim card yesterday for the month of December and I was wondering, if it turns out I don't ending up finding my phone and have to suspend service, what would be the process of replacing that sim card to keep my old number? Is there any way to have that money for the freshly filled sim card applied to the replacement card? Let me know what you think I should do !

Thank You

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I would personally advise, as quickly as possible and assuming you've lost an android or iphone, to go to Apple's Find My Phone (for iphone) or Google's device manager to see if it will show its current location. For iPhone, there is also a setting in there to have the phone put into 'lost mode', have it display a personalized message and a contact number for you, etc as well as remote wipe (last resort), etc. For Android, maps.google.com/locationhistory to track its every move, assuming GPS is on.

Another alternative for Android is an app in the Play Store by Lookout Mobile Security... Something about an emergency install that you /may/ be able to install remotely.

All in all, worst case scenario, you can go into the AT&T store to get a new phone (or with a new phone) and simply let them know you need a new SIM card. They're generally pretty good about that process being hassle-free. They'll have you verify ownership of the account and such (phone number, driver's license, the usual) and get your account linked to a new SIM, meaning phone number, etc. In this scenario, you would lose any information stored in the SIM card, usually contacts, and the old SIM would be rendered unusable.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I found (bought for $40) a very nice iPhone in Gardena at the gas station at (Avalon & Rosecrans) and would like to return it to the owner.. I've taken it to a ATT store and they wouldn't take it and return it to the owner so I called ATT and I spent almost an hour on the phone with customer service but was hung up on after 50 minuets... I just wanted to return the phone to the owner.. I'm not looking for any money but I can't keep spending time and money on this issue.. Is there a way or site to post a lost and found phone?? I has no sim so I can't do any number searches, it's not blacklisted just has the "find my phone" feature turned on so I'm guessing the owner wants it back.. How can I get it back to the owner??

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I found (bought for $40) a very nice iPhone in Gardena at the gas station at (Avalon & Rosecrans) and would like to return it to the owner.. The guy selling it said it belonged to his ex-girlfriend (heard that before) and he/she no longer wanted it. I've taken it to a ATT store and they wouldn't take it and return it to the owner so I called ATT and I spent almost an hour on the phone with customer service but was hung up on after 50 minuets... I just wanted to return the phone to the owner.. I'm not looking for any money but I can't keep spending time and money on this issue.. Is there a way or site to post a lost and found phone?? It has no sim card so I can't do any number searches, it's not blacklisted just has the "find my phone" feature turned on so I'm guessing the owner wants it back.. How can I get it back to the owner??

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Did you get your phone back and if so how did you do it?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Absolulty did not get to return a iPhone that I purchased (it was stolen) at a gas station.. Went to an ATT corporate store and they would not take it and return it to the owner, I tried calling ATT cust. support they were no help what so ever and told me to take it back to the ATT corporate store but nobody was willing to contact the owner to say don’t go out and buy another phone and that the I cloud is showing it’s on so they could find it if they care but ATT was useless…. All ATT is interested in is selling you a new phone not helping you to retrieve your lost item..

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.