For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
C

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 20th, 2020 10:00 PM

Lied about 2 for one deal

AT&T advertised a Note 9, 2 for 1 deal, we needed new phones so I called, this began a nightmare that has lasted for two years and counting. They are still charging us for two Note 9 phones, the bill was supposed to be $159 a month but they will not honor the deal and have been charging us $216 a month for over two years now. This is after over 52 hours and four months on the phone with the terrible customer service people that have continuously lied to us telling everything is fixed. Finally got one honest guy that told me there was nothing he could do. I have been with ATT for 30 years but because of all this I will never do business with them again.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

And what requirements for the deal did you meet?

Were you new customers to AT&T? Or were you upgrading existing lines?

At the time the note 9 was sold in 2018, all of the two-for-one deals required a new line of service to AT&T and purchase one of the new phones on that line. Over the past two and a half years there have usually been additional requirements, like TV service or unlimited data plan.

Most people who don't get the deal, didn't meet requirements. And simply put, these deals are not about saving us customers money. These deals are to add new business to AT&T so they make a profit off selling a service. You can call it a catch, but there has to be something in it for both parties to make a deal.

• 

4 Messages

What you overlook lizdance40 is that AT&T employees fraudulently induce customers into contracts in reliance on the difficulty the average consumer faces trying to maintain the original bargain. It’s a disgraceful practice. The suggestion that a consumer should somehow be more vigilant with a major corporation like AT&T is ridiculous.

• 

2 Messages

@lizdance40 You obviously did not read the post, read the post then reply. If this is not a real person, it must be a bot or (Edited per community guidelines) induced by ATT to reply to posts.

(edited)

• 

60 Messages

Its not a bot, its simple base on the info of Services, if you don qualify probaly you never will get the discount honestly.
This happen to me with a reward card and I never recieve bc I dont read an online only

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I had the same experience. I was with AT&T for 7 years. Multiple operators fraudulently misled me into entering a 2 for 1 contract and also messed up the repayment schedule on the order. After 20 hours calling and being sent to the store (it's a game AT&T staff play - phone operators say "you have to go to the store" and when you get to the store the store staff say "you have to call the call center") a phone operator changed the repayment schedule from 30 months to 24 months. That change was treated as a return and not eligible for the 2 for 1 offer. I spent another 40 or so hours talking to operators who told me "just wait another month because the offer won't appear on your bill until the third billing cycle."

AT&T never paid reimbursement. I finally got an AT&T rep that told me it was my fault for not reading the fine print and that I should not have relied on the fraudulent statements made by AT&T operators. Needless to say, I will never use AT&T again. It is an organization that is built on fraud and sharp bargaining. Now I am with T Mobile. It's much cheaper and the service is far, far superior.

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

I believe the $159 would be a quote before taxes or the second device. All plans have taxes. All promotions have a series of requirements to qualify for free phone credit. If the promotion wasn’t applied in the first 2-3 bills, that would have been the time to resolve it. This far into it, I don’t know of a resolution. I would recommend ordering future devices from your local AT&T corporate store instead of over the phone. You’ll get someone face to face to assist you and recommend the best deal (and make sure you fully qualify for the offer). If issues arise, then at least you have a go to person to resolve.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

I rang AT&T at least a dozen times in the first 2 or 3 months and visited stores. It was a circus of AT&T staff providing false and misleading information. The solution is to never deal with AT&T again and to tell anyone who will listen how the company’s staff lie, cheat and defraud customers.

• 

60 Messages

With the staff thing I agree, NOT ALL but a great amount dont explain all or miss some information no idea if was intentional or a mistake but most of all made it but not all some agent in calls give me all details of promo and info if I ASK to they dont speak hurry or will be treat hurry and will dont give all the promo detail , my best recomendation to att its order online and read all the legal stuff and promo info to know all the information
Also online deals are Sometimes better that a store or call offers

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same experience! I went in in June 2019 for the BOGO promo. upgraded my existing line; and added a new line. Both with unlimited plans. I have been in the store almost every month for nearly 7 mths and I am still not getting BOGO credit; I am getting a 1/2 off promo. I would have never added the 2nd line to my account had it not been for the BOGO. Each time, I am told they are doing an escalation ticket and give it to the next billing cycle. As a customer, there has to be something more I can do to get this resolved ASAP! Not happy!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

As a customer, there has to be something more I can do to get this resolved ASAP!

There is. Escalate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you. If they can’t or won’t resolve, no one will.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

thanks! I just hung up with someone; yet again! I’ll give them 1 more billing cycle and if not resolved I’ll do that! Thank you for the response! It’s ridiculous to have to jump through hoops like this!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.