Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

Wed, Apr 29, 2020 6:17 PM

LG V60 - Where's my Dual Screen?

I just purchased an LG V60 ThinQ, which AT&T is selling for the full $900 price tag, which includes the Dual Screen case in that price. I called the store rep ahead of purchasing my phone, and he verified that AT&T only sells the version that comes with the case. When I went to pick up the phone, I was not given the Dual Screen, and was told I should be able to fill something out through the purchase confirmation email to have it shipped to my house. There is no such link or no information regarding the Dual Screen anywhere that I can find.

Does anyone have answers to this? If they are selling the phone for $900, that includes the Dual Screen. And I was told explicitly by a store rep that the phone comes with the Dual Screen.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

2 months ago

@KTreu42
Did you order the dual screen?
While the offer if free if you qualify, you do have to order the dual screen.

https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-lmv600amaattcb-att-v60-thinq-5g?&msclkid=3082dde0e1cf1588b403834a4d753ed2&gclid=CLmkgdP8j-kCFR4DiAkdWjwL8w&gclsrc=ds

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

I did order it through the LG promo page, which was just extremely confusing and unclear. If you are paying the full price of $900, it's ridiculous that you then have to "qualify" and fill out forms for a "free" dual screen. That's pretty scummy. Especially since the info they ask you to send a picture of did not all exist on a single web page, and to include it all on a single photo, I had to open up 2 tabs from the phone ordering process, and hold up the physical phone box to include the SKU in the picture as well.

Fortunately, it was all approved, and I got my case today, and will only be paying $600 for the phone and case (their current promo is for $20/mo for the V60). So it all worked out, but the process is pretty clearly intentionally misleading.

(edited)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

Thats how LG chooses to do it, therecisnt anything at&t can do about manufacturer offers from samsung or LG

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

2 months ago

If you follow the links, the promotion is from LG, not AT&T. You have to verify to get the dual screen.
⤵️
An email will be sent to you from [email scrubbed]. Please click the link in the email to verify your account and begin the submission process to obtain your LG Dual Screen. This link may only be used one time.

The qualifying LG V60 ThinQ™ device must be purchased between 3/20/20 at 12:00:00 AM CT and 5/31/20 at 11:59:59 PM CT, subject to the full terms and conditions available here. The final submission with all the required information and backup documentation must be submitted by 6/15/20 at 11:59:59 PM CT.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

I was told when I git my phone it came with the dual screen but it did not and the rep at at&t did not tell me how to get it. In fact i started having an issue with the speaker phone the next day so i went back to at&t and the rep told me to take the phone to gadget graves or another phone repair place because he could not do anything

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

These are all the reasons it's kind of a scummy practice, the way they are selling this phone. The reps don't have the info, and the execs are trying to convince you it's a "free" accessory they are giving you, despite the fact that you're paying for it.

The speaker issue is resolved with an update that just went out this past week.

• 

2 Messages

I installed that update but I'm still having issues with it

• 

7 Messages

2 months ago

@KTreu42 - Good to hear that you have since received the dual screen from LG. I just purchased mine and finding the entire process confusing so thanks for asking the question and shedding some light on it.

My question is how long to receive it after finally jumping through LG's hoops & loops? Lol. JK. So after registering & providing proof of purchase

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

I got approved quickly - I submitted the file the evening I got the phone, and got an approval email the next day. It will say it could take 3-6 weeks to get the case (yikes), but I sent an email back to ask about it, and they said they fulfilled and released the case to be shipped that same day. I got it today, so all told, it only took about 5 days to get it. I'm glad it came quickly, but I just hope people who buy the phone know not to lose out on a bunch of value that they are paying for, because nobody at AT&T ever mentioned the Dual Screen unless I brought it up.

• 

7 Messages

KTreu42- That's a relief to hear... I thought it was going to be a long wait. Appreciate the update! Thanks. Hopefully you're enjoying the phone and dual screen... How is it?

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

So far, loving it. Being stuck indoors is a perfect excuse to leave the dual screen case on and mess around with it. I haven't really played with the game controller options yet, but just having 2 apps open on 2 different full screens is so nice. Being able to fold back the screen partially and turn it sideways makes it into an automatic kickstand for watching videos, and the battery life really is outstanding.

Get started...

Ask a new question