#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Tue, Mar 24, 2020 4:16 PM

LG V30 (SPRINT TO ATT) MMS AND UPDATES

Cannot send or receive text messages with pictures since we moved over to At&T. Also, phone updates no longer work. I get a message saying "authentication failure, contact your provider". Phone worked great before the switch. Already spent 2-3 hours w/AT&T tech help with no success and ticket is still open I'm told. Going on third week with AT&T and this is starting to wear thin. Not sure what forum this should be posted in.

Don

Doc210

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

2 y ago

Buyer beware! Follow-up here, after over two weeks and 3+ hours of online tech troubleshooting, AT&T closed the ticket because nothing could be done to get the phone to work properly. I was told, that this is not uncommon when bringing "non-AT&T" branded phones over to AT&T wireless. Judging by MMS questions and complaints on this forum I tend to believe it. Just wish I had known before I switched services. Lots of wireless carrier ads hype "bring your own device" as a selling point to switch, knowing full well that there is a high probability that your phone won't work properly and you'll be forced into an additional purchase you didn't plan. Just saying...

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.