The Samsung Galaxy S24
kevind833's profile

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 11:22 PM

LG V20: Disable and turn off the Chrome search and browsing history

For my LG V20, I've been trying to disable the search history in the browser. However, no matter what setting I configure that looks to disable history and search collection in the browser. The settings won't take effect. When I reopen Chrome and type in the search box, all previously entered search will display again. How can I get this setting to work?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Do you mean clear search history?  

Or turn off suggestions?  

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

7 years ago

Both. I don't want my browsing history saved and I don't want search history saved. I have specifically done the following.

- touch the 3 dot menu > touch settings > touch privacy > all the selection boxes are deselected and other settings are set to off.

- at bottom of browser touch settings > touch search settings > touch manage for search history > touch hamburger menu > touch activity controls > pause web & app activity

So these two things appear to be all that I needed to do yet the browser continues to display ever search I enter and saves every web page I visit.

• 

5 Messages

To fix this you must hit the three dots, and then press history. After hitting history press Clear browsing data...

or

Type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the bar.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.