LG Phoenix Plus Turn off Backup & Sync messages
I have a prepaid ATT phone, LG Phoenix Plus (K30).
With the prepaid service, the ATT Backup & Sync service is not available. This is fine-- I don't want it and never wanted it. My problem is that most of the time I open the messaging app, I get an error message telling me that Backup & Sync is not available. I can't find a way to stop it trying to turn it on and then telling me about it.
I'm not computer illiterate. I've spent hours looking for a solution online. So, to get a couple things out of the way:
1. There is no "stop backup" hyperlink for me to click in messaging settings. The service has to be on for this option to appear. As I said, my phone is incapable of turning on Backup & Sync.
2. There is no stand-alone Backup & Sync app to force a stop on. It is evidently integrated into the messaging app.
3. My only clickable options in message settings are "Turn On" -- which fails to work, obviously. And "Not Now" -- which does nothing to stop the error messages.
4. My model of phone does not have a Usage Manager app, or a cache to clear that I can find.
5. I have no options on MyATT to disable the service, since clearly it is not available with my account type.
The only solution I can see is to switch to a 3rd party messaging app. Is there anything else I can try first?