The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blardie's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, February 4th, 2017 4:51 PM

LG G3 can't load music from PC

I'm trying to load music from PC to phone using USB cable. Cable is good, have tried using both ports on PC (ports always work). AT&T's tutorial says "To place the device into the correct USB mode, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Charge phone, then tap Media sync (MTP)."

Nothing like that happens; there's no icon saying "Charge phone," and I cannot find "Media sync (MTP)" anywhere. There's no notification about "USB connection type" displayed. At this point I can't continue with the steps to load music. I have tried searching through all the settings for "Media sync" and can't find it; same for USB connection type. And, interestingly, the phone doesn't show up in an Explorer window on the PC when USB connected.

Maybe I need to do a "Backup & reset"? Can someone please help me through this. Oh, and I Also cannot add a "Ringtone" for the same reasons - the steps do not work.

Thanks anyone.

Brian L.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Usually, when you plug in the LG phone with the USB cable for the first time, the LG USB driver will load. You may have to install the driver manually. Do a Google search on how to install LG USB driver on a PC.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

One more thing you can try and I am out of ideas.

Settings/developer options/usb configuration and turn on MTP.

If you don't see the developer options, then go to settings/about device/build number and tap 7 times.

Good luck.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

I don't have a G3 anymore. But try this:

Settings/ sound and notification/ ringtone id - turn it off.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you so much; I will certainly give this a try, first thing. Thx!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hello again. Well I've downloaded the driver you suggested; pc has restarted. Nothing seems to have changed insofar as the phone being recognized on the pc, or the "media sync," "charge phone," or "USB connection" notifications. I don't know what else to do - probably have to call the service provider. Unless there's something else you would recommend?

Thanks again Tim Horton (love their coffee by the way!).

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you. The 'tap 7 times' worked, and I was able to turn on MTP and transfer a song. I have it in my phone's music directory.

Now, trying to assign that ring tone to a specific contact. Problem is, when I go to that contact & try to edit, the "Ring tone" box (where I would assign it) is grayed out/'ghosted', preventing any change. Why, I have no idea. I'm going through other troubleshooting resources to look for a solution - so far, no luck.

But thank you for your ongoing help. Maybe you can help with this issue too...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, that worked! Excellent!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi guys, I have been having the exact same issue for awhile now and it definitely has been frustrating. None of the solutions on here have helped BUT I just figured out the solution (for me at least).

Quite simply, all I did was disable my firewall and, like magic, my phone starting going to work on downloading all the songs that were not downloaded before. Nothing more then that.

It makes sense since I had a new anti-virus software installed since the last time I tried to download my local files. I also have changed networks so everything was kind of all out of whack.

Hope this helps!

If still issue exits then check LG G3 Manual for more hacks. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.