For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
wv2004's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 3:11 PM

LG G3 Brightness Slider

Why did at&t remove the option to have the brightness slider in the notification bar on the LG G3?  The brightness button in the qslide menu is useless to me.

Scholar

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

@wv2004 - Although the slider is not available, you can still get to it by tap+hold and it'll take you right to the display setting with the slider. You can also tap on the brightness button several times and it'll cycle through levels of brightness. Considering how much space the slider takes up on the notifications menu, this is a welcome compromise for me but I get that it may not work for all.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

@Man_of_Steel - The tap+hold method is what I was resorting to.  What I don't like about that method is having to leave the app that I'm currently in since some apps, for example the dish anywhere app, stops live streaming from my receiver when leaving the app.  I'm currently using the LUX app to control brightness, but I would have preferred letting the LG software control it. If the cycling method had a level to disable auto and put to full brightness that would be perfect. 

Still a great phone though.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.