Cyber Week Deals: Get $800 off the Google Pixel 6 Pro with FREE Google Pixel A Series White Earbuds!
What is happening with 3G?
daltonjacket's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jul 23, 2015 1:36 PM

LG G3 Battery Drain Since Lollipop Update - Google/Android Usage

I was super happy with my LG G3 before the first Lollopop update. Fast and the battery would easily last all, with 30-40% left after a 16 hour day. The original Lollipop update caused significant issues with my Nexus tablet so I tried not to do the update, but it did it automatically on the G3!

Right now using GSam i am showing 87.4% of battery consumed by apps (only 8% screen):

Of thet 87.4%, Kernel (Android OS 24.3%; Android System 24% and Google Play Services 7.2%) That means 51% of my battery usage is just for Google/Android stuff! Before the update, I was using about 8-10% for the same items.

I hoped the second update received 7/5 would help, but there's been no change.

I have factory reset twice, cleared the cache several times. Other than keep my phone in Airplane mode, which defeats the purpose of a phone, I haven't found anything except staying close to a charger!

Now I've heard LG and AT&T aren't going to issue the next Lollipop update but wait for Android M! 

Can someone plaese help me! What was once an awesome, fast, stable workhorse phone is almost unbearably slow and barely able to be considered wireless at all!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 y ago

Hi there! @daltonjacket thanks for posting your concerns. I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with your LG G3, battery usage.

To help you troubleshoot this, please visit us online at www.att.com/devicehowto/ and select the make and model of your phone. Under the Guides, Manuals & more section, click on the troubleshoot your device link, then under select a device-related issue, click on Power & Battery.

You will then have access to the AT&T Troubleshoot & Resolve tool which will walk you step by step through resolving this.

Hope this helps!

Charise

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.