Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Troubleshoot your device issues
goodsox's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Apr 17, 2015 6:06 PM

LG G2 Lollipop Update Issues

Hello,

Received the notice for the lollipop update this morning and it installed.  However, afterwards I keep receiving message "An application requires an update for Google Play Services".  When trying to update google play services it appears to be stuck and does not download.  I have seen this is a very common issue with this update and have spent hours trying every fix out there.  Any suggestions would be great since this has made my phone useless.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7年前

Hi there @goodsox

I’d be happy to help with this app update issue! This is something fairly common after a software update. Simply powering the device off and back on should restart the app update and it can finish up. Should the issue persist, I would recommend performing a full backup to ensure no data is lost, followed by a factory reset which will allow the app to be installed cleanly.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7年前

I have had the same issue.  Even after a system restore I can not update any apps or download those that I lost during the restore.  My phone is basically worthless right now.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

7年前

@jenpete3375 wrote:

I have had the same issue.  Even after a system restore I can not update any apps or download those that I lost during the restore.  My phone is basically worthless right now.

@jenpete3375

system restore or factory reset?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7年前

factory data reset, did I do the wrong thing?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7年前

I have the same problem/message as is being addressed here, and I am trying to back up my photos before doing the reset or restore to fix it, and I can't even do that...it's been trying for the past 4 or 5 days...I guess since I did the update on Saturday.

I am also unable to install any new apps or update current apps since doing the update on Saturday.

I have powered down my phone twice in hopes that would allow the Google Play Services update to go ahead and finish to no avail.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7年前

I have actually done the factory reset twice. It allowed updates and
downloads for a few minutes and then stopped. This last time I was able to
get the Google Play update done before it stopped working but it didn't
matter a new one popped up not long after.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

7年前

wrong forum for this post

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.