The Samsung Galaxy S24
krowell's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 6:23 PM

LG G Pad 7 won't turn on

I got the LG G Pad recently for 99 cents when I purchased a phone. I have used it quite a bit. Last week I plugged it in to recharge overnight and now it won't power on. It seems to be completely dead. Is there anything I can do before making a trip to the AT&T store?

Thanks, Kim

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I had the same issue. Held the power button for 10 seconds, plugged in the charger, held for 10 more seconds and it worked. Thanks for the guys who posted that. Apparently alot of companies involved in this are a jok

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thanks for posting to hold the button for 10 seconds and then plug in. Worked like a charm. Got this tablet in April and today was the first time it wouldn't turn on. Thanks again

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Mine just did this and I tried the 10 second thing and it worked!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks. Holding the power button and plugging in worked, 🌹🌹🌼🌼🌼🌸🌸🌸🌷🌷👍👍 Kim

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I had this problem!! Thank You for a simple solution!!!
Nibor Lomax

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I had that problem. I got an LG Gpad 7.O It would not power on and as the sales rep at the ATT center tried to make sure it was not the charger, I felt as if the gift had fallen into the hands of a dummy but when I got home I pluged it in and left it. Next day, it powered on. Ok so I assumed I had allowred it to loose 100% of its power. That must have been it. Right?

Maybe maybe not because yesterday it died again and this was with the battery icon still 1/4 full. This time it would not even charge. I came here and read about holding the power on button down for 10 seconds. It worked. But the battery indicator still showed 1/4 power....Now its charging again.... WHAT GIVES?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you! I can only imagine the angst you went through before hitting on this solution. Although the problem should not exist, I find it comforting (sort of) to know many others are in the same situation. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I tried what you said to do it came on for a sec.and it was at 0% charged then it went out as I was plugging it back up but still don't power up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Why does everyone act like a prima dona when their device has a hiccup.  The tablet has built in protection from increases in power fluctuation.  In the long run, it means an  increased life span, because the circuits wont get fried.  This is especially useful when diagnosing the cause of the issue.  Before the holding down power and plugging in, make sure you have the proper charger.     Make sure your charging port terminals are clean, free of lint, dirt, or anything else that  conducts electricity.   Even high humidity can cause shorts.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

I am having same issue. It doesn't charge to 100% no matter how long I leave it plugged in, and battery level just goes down to 1% within hour... another disappointing lg product & their service... LG didn't even call me back for warranty replacement...(AT&T Transferred my call to lg warranty center and they said they will call back.)
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.