The Samsung Galaxy S24
krowell's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 6:23 PM

LG G Pad 7 won't turn on

I got the LG G Pad recently for 99 cents when I purchased a phone. I have used it quite a bit. Last week I plugged it in to recharge overnight and now it won't power on. It seems to be completely dead. Is there anything I can do before making a trip to the AT&T store?

Thanks, Kim

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This worked for me.  I just got this one less than a week ago and it did this.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thanks @Jenai782001. I follow your instructions and it came right on. You are a lifesaver.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Same issue...got it for $.99 when I upgraded my phone...YESTERDAY!!! The sales rep totally sold me on it...worked his persuasive magic and within minutes I thought, "Hey! This will be so awesome for Maeve!" My little 4-year old has to constantly argue and fight to get her hands on an iPad or the Mac...and she loves playing her little educational (and not-so-educational) games. Well! We got home, opened it up and she LOVED it! Then disaster struck! After charging it "for hours and hours" it wouldn't turn on. It BROKE MY HEART!!! I followed the advice...hold the power button for 10 seconds then plug in and keep holding power button...it worked. But, by GOD, if this product hurts my little girl's feelings again, I'll throw it in the fire and buy her a REAL iPad! I am NOT impressed!

FYI, I have had my MacBook Pro for four years and NOT A SINGLE ISSUE and we own two iPads, one of which my 7 year old saved and paid for by herself...NO ISSUES WITH APPLE PRODUCTS EVER! Just sayin'...

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

JessieDWildcat I have only had the problem twice and it happened when the battery completely drained... So I try to get it charged before it dies(which is hard when your kid is on it I know). Honestly I won't let my 4 year old play with this one it seems too fragile. A great tablet for my son is the kindle fire hd he has had it over two years and it's still going strong. We are an apple household as well but I'm not buying him an iPad!! If you decide to get something else for your daughter look into the kindle it is so worth every penny.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thank you so much for this!  My tablet did the same thing and this trick is what turned it back on.  Very bad glitch on the part of LG.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

thanks for posting

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thank you for the solution.

I was carrying my LG Tablet in my messenger bag all day and wehn I got it home , I panicked when It wouldn't respond to being turned on....

Have a great day!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

OMG THANKYOU IT WORKED!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thanks for posting a fix to this apparently chronic problem. The problem here is that even though the pad only cost me .99 cents, having it broken still requires me to pay the monthly 10 dollar fee for the next 18 months 😞 That's not really FREE...but thankfully your suggested got it turned back on. You would think AT&T would have resolved this problem by now. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thanks it worked for me too!!!!! What a joke these tablets are.... I guess I understand why they're giving them away.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.